Chapter 18 -Arcade

Image not mine.

-(y/n)-

The day had passed very quickly and the clock almost striked eight o' clock I simply dressed into my (f/c) tank top,jeans and (f/c) shoes. Silver and Shadow wouldn't suspect a thing.I headed down stairs to the kitchen to get something to drink.Then I saw Shadow who I found eating by himself.Silver must have left to buy groceries or something.

"Hi Shadow" I gave him a small wave.

He looked away."Hello (Y/n)." He said sitting on a chair eating his dinner.

It was weird to see him now since what happened yesterday.

"So..how are you?" I took a seat next to him which made him feel uncomfortable for some reason. He swallowed a small lump of food on his throat and spoke." I'm fine..." He said as he picked up the fork and twirled it to pick up a few noodles.

"I'm sorry for what happened yesterday..." I looked at him and he avoided eye contact with me.

"Its alright...it wasn't your fault I wasn't suppose to be there in the first place..." He answered, playing with his food.

"What's the whole reason you came to the party if you weren't invited if I may ask?" I questioned.

"Because ..I care.." Shadow hardly spoke." You remind me of Maria."

"Maria? "

"She was my only friend but I failed to protect her..." He finally raised his head and looked at me with agony in his eyes.

"I'm so sorry.." I placed a hand on his shoulder.

"I want to make sure I protect you..its what Maria would want me to do, protect all my friends even dumb Faker." Shadow looked back at his food.

"Hey, I heard that." Sonic walked in from the living room." Hey (y/n)" Sonic gave me a grin.

"Hi sonic." I smiled a bit.

"That's a really nice outfit you're wearing." he said sending a wink which caused Shadow to look at Sonic with a scowl and growled a little.

Is Shadow jealous?

I giggled."Thank you Sonic you look cute today." I said in a sing song voice.

"Oh~ well you look so preattyyy~" sonic copied my tone.

My flirting between Sonic and I irritated Shadow so much he hurled his plate of noddles at Sonic square in the face."Shut up! now get your tight blue ass out of my house!" He yelled.

Yep he's jealous alright.I laught and Shadow smiled with satisfaction.

"Are you okay Sonic?" I tried to hold my laugh but I failed big time.

Sonic lifted his hand and gave me and Shadow a thumbs up."Never been better" he groaned.

-(Sonic)-

My vision became black once my face met with flying food.

Remember when I said Shadow was going to pay? Well the time has come.

"Say Shadow Im going out on a date with Amy want to come we can have a double date, Oh! wait never mind you dont have a girlfriend. I called out.

"Hmph." He said crossing his arms.

"Burnnn!" I sang grabbing a paper towel from the table to wipe my face clean.

"Come on Shadow who will want to date you?" I joked.

He was silent and (y/n) looked at him."Shadow are you okay?" She asked placing her arms around Shadow.