8 - Nobody Does it Like You Do

Start from the beginning

"Tell what?" Harry questions as he helps Niall out of his jacket and scarf until the blue eyed boy is standing before him in a soft gray cashmere jumper, his cheeks and nose pinked from the cold.

Niall had protested against wearing a beanie. Instead he insisted on squeezing inside Harry's coat behind him, his body invisible but his legs. Besides Harry looking like a hunchback and Niall constantly stepping on the back of his shoes it was all rather cozy with the blonde hugging his middle.

"About Louis' physiotherapist." Liam answers idly as he responds to a text message.

"What's a...video-care-oh-piss?" Niall asks shaking the few raindrops clinging to his hair.

"The guy that helps Louis feel better." Harry answers, cradling Niall's face in his hands and using his thumbs to wipe away any moisture on his chilled face.

"Did you know, Harry?" Zayn demands to know.

"Yeah, he's got that bum knee now so that bloke's taking care of it." Harry answers slowly, letting Niall pat down his hair where it's gone mad.

"Since when did everyone know?" Zayn growls, giving the innocent coffee table a kick that startles all three lads.

"Simmer down. The only one who knew everything is Liam." Harry assures as he pulls Niall to sit with him on the recliner across from Zayn and Liam.

"What does Niall know?" Zayn narrows his eyes suspiciously.

The sound of his name calls his attention. Niall hasn't been following the conversation but he's picked up pieces of it.

"You hang out with Louis the most so?" Zayn prompts eyes on Niall like a hawk.

"He hasn't even met Luke-" Liam tries but is cut off by Niall.

"Louis hurt his knee. I don't know who Lube is." Niall shrugs and yawns, relaxing under Harry's arm.

"Luke." Liam corrects.

"Where?" Niall asks, eyes widening.

"What?" Liam frowns.

"No he means Luke." Harry explains softly.

"Look where?" Niall questions, exasperated.

Zayn rolls his eyes. 'Luke' and 'look' do sound slightly similar if Zayn is being honest with himself but as irritated as he currently feels, he doesn't find Niall's clueless charm endearing as he normally would.

"I don't even know if he's joking or just fucking with us." Liam slumps back against the couch.

Harry scowls, curling Niall closer to him. "What's got your knickers in a twist?"

"Quiet down for a second. Can't even hear myself think." Zayn murmurs as he rubs his temples.

"We're never gonna hear what happend." Liam groans, his head lolling back against the couch cushion.

"I want a sandwich." Niall sighs dreamily.

"Love, we just ate." Harry pinches softly at Niall's side where he's got the tiniest bit of a love handle.

"I want a sandwich, love." Niall mimics Harry's tone.

"You bloody minx." Harry head butts him lightly and slowly gets up, his joints clicking loudly.

"How do you live with that?" Liam teases, shaking his head.

"That's not even the worst of it." Zayn mumbles.

Niall's definitely become hard to say 'no' to all the lads have noticed. Harry knows it isn't strange for him to give Niall special treatment but the rest of the boys do too whether they realize or not. Sometimes it's Niall getting the first cup of tea or his choice of what to watch on TV. It's not that Niall demands things his way, more like the others can't help themselves.