Chapter Twelve- The Date

35 votes until Chapter 13

"Would you let me finish?" He asked rudely. I pulled a weird face and nodded signaling to go ahead. "As I was saying, I really like you Em and I did want a relationship with you, but I think you're too young for me." He said. I exploded with laughter. I'm too young for him!? OKAY. If I'm old enough for Blake I should be old enough for Colton.

"Please do tell me Colton, am I just too immature for you?" I said sarcastically.

"Actually yes Emma. I tried to contact you. You made yourself unavailable. I tried. I'm nineteen, I'm not in high school anymore and clearly you are. I'm sorry, I have to go. Rachel is waiting for me in the car." He snapped setting the water down and walking away from me.

"Have fun with the slut!" I yelled out of anger.

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Okay, I'll admit, it was very immature of me to call Colton's new girl a slut because I had no idea who she was. I creepily creeped over to the window and moved the drapes so I could peak out them. I gasped once I saw her. She was stunning and I could barely see her. I could see her long dirty blond hair as she flipped it over her shoulder, laughing at something Colton had said as he got into the car. She had a big, white, confident smile- Something I'd never have. I felt my heart tug as Colton leaned over and pecked her cheek but it quickly went away as I felt my phone buzz. It was a text from Blake saying that he would be here in an hour and a half so I needed to be ready. I smiled at the text and made a b-line for the shower.

After showering with my matching strawberry shampoo, conditioner, and body wash I dried and straightened my hair. I then teased around my crown using bobby-pins to pin it up and then put the rest of my hair up. I tried my best to put on eyeliner and mascara, and even some foundation. I pulled on my black skinny jeans and my favorite vintage 'The Killers' tshirt, with a jean jacket over it. Suddenly, there was a loud knock on the door and I almost jumped out of my socks. I pulled on my boots and with a deep breath I opened the door.

"Hi," I mumbled, unable to look him in the eyes, I was just too damn nervous. He probably thought I looked terrible. Why did I wear this shirt? Blake chuckled, probably because I was starring at my feet, yet again. As I was about to look up something blocked my view of my shoes.

"I got these for you, I wasn't sure what kind you'd like but I hope these are okay."  Blake said holding these beautiful, perfect, white roses in front of me. I took the delicate bouquet in my arms and look at Blake. At that moment, I swear my heart skipped a beat. As always he was absolutely stunning. He rocked his black sweater, denim jeans, and converse better than any man could. The shirt he had on really brought out his eyes, making them bluer than ever. I felt like he was in slow motion. The sun was slowly setting behind him, his long, black eye lashes fluttered as he blinked and the wind blew, making his perfect hair wave a bit. He licked his lips and waited for me to respond. I tore my eyes away from Blake and smelled the roses.

"They're perfect, thank you, so much." I whispered holding the roses as if they were a new born child. Blake smiled at me and stuck his hands in his pockets.

"My pleasure," He responded.

"Here, come in for a second, I'm going to put these in water." I said reopening my front door. Blake walked into my house and before I shut the door I glanced around. When it's just Blake and I, I seem to forget that he's 'Mr. West' to others. There are students that live in my neighborhood. Could you imagine what they'd think if they saw their English teacher bring me flowers? Luckily, I didn't see anyone. I sighed and walked into the kitchen, Blake followed. I felt extremely awkward as Blake sat down and watched me deal with the flowers. We were both awkward quiet. After I had cut the ends off and put the flowers in a vase I turned and faced Blake. The stared at each other for a moment before I started laughing.