Chapter 17

I was watching Hatchi while writing this... I cried, it was so cute and sad at the same time. That dog is my hero.

But here's what you wanted, while I've been busy crying over a love that cannot be explained in words. 

+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+

That night was perfect, but it all had to come to an end. We had just arrived back at the camp, but instead of being sad, I was relieved. I missed this place, and was wishing I could have come back sooner.

There was a positive energy surrounding the area that I never wanted to leave. The people welcomed me back with open arms and a few complimented on the minor tan I had gotten. I saw Nicole coming toward me before she even noticed I was back.

"Nicole!" I called out as I ran toward her to greeter. 

I wasn't sure what happened next, but as I got closer to Nicole I felt a hard shove in my stomach. An angry growl reached my ears as arms clasped around me to keep me up. I saw Jackson standing in between Nicole and I with a protective gleam in his eye and in his posture.

"You should be careful sweetheart. Nicole is Jackson's top priority now, he will protect her now more than ever before. She is the mother to his child, and that is the only thing on his mind. He is blinded by the need to protect them." I heard Cole say from behind me.

"If you want to get out of this without injury, it's best to back away while looking at the ground. It will not come over as a threat, but as a retreat." Andrew explained as the hands around me moved slightly so that I could move on my own.

I did as Andrew instructed and bent my head to look at the ground as I backed away from Jackson and Nicole.

"Jackson, it's just Natalie. Please relax." I heard Nicole say as I continued to back away.

"He's fine Nicole, please don't bother him." A passerby said as Jackson's growl grew louder, more ferosious. 

"It could make it worse." Andrew and Cole said simulatniously. I knew they were glaring at each other, but they would put aside their arguement until I was safe. Which I was thankful, because I looked up for a moment to see if Jackson had relaxed, but he hadn't. Although, Jackson looked like he was ready to pounce on me.

"I'm sorry Jackson. I would never hurt her." I said as I slinked back even further.

"He is blinded by the need to protect his mate and his child. Talking to him won't work Natalie. Please, just get behind me and have Cole escort you back to your room. We need to get you out of here safely before we can deal with him." Andrew explained as he pulled me behind him and pushing me backward.

"Come to me sweetheart. I will take you back to our home." Cole said, rubbing it in Andrew's face that he and I shared a house. Cole took me lightly by the arm and led me away from the scene as quickly and gently as possible. 

"Cole, what's Andrew going to do to calm Jackson down?"

"There isn't a way for Andrew to calm Jackson down without a fight. Although, Andrew will try and with any luck Nicole can calm him down."

"Jackson knows I wouldn't hurt her though."

"Doesn't matter, in his eyes everyone is a threat and he will treat it as such. Nicole has to come to you, you do not go to her." Cole said letting me in the house first as he held the door open. "Oh I forgot something! I'll be right back, please don't leave the house!" He stated urgently as he bolted back out of the door.

I stood stunned for a moment, Cole just ditched me. He had never done that before, just left me alone with someone that's ready to claw me to pieces. I sighed heavily, slightly disappointed in his actions and plopped down on the sofa.

As I was about to start fuming with anger, my eye caught a small splash of color in my room. Out of curiousity I rose and walked into my room to investigate. That's when I saw that my room was filled with color, a large bouquet of flowers for everyday I was gone.

"Here, I forgot today's flowers! I was so excited that you was coming back that I forgot to make another one for today." Cole said as he ubruptly stopped running, weezing and breathing deeply, to place the bouquet in front of me.

I felt tears come to my eyes at the sweetness of his actions.

"Please don't cry, baby girl. What happened? Jackson didn't get a swing at you. What's wrong?" Cole asked pulling me into his arms.

"Nothings wrong, you're just too sweet."

"And that makes you cry?"

"I'm crying because I'm touched by the action, honey."

"Well, I'm glad." Cole said as he leaned down to kiss me. As his lips touched mine, someone cleared their throat behind us. 

"I didn't tell you to take her to safety so you could kiss her." Andrew said behind us.

"Well, you didn't say I couldn't do that. Plus Natalie and I are meant to be, she's my mate, I will kiss her whenever I please." Cole said kissing me again.

"You mean she is my mate." Andrew said confidently.

"No, I meant what I said." Cole said with a smile as he held me close, not letting Andrew even come close to moving me from his hold.

"We'll just have to wait and see. Natalie, let me talk with Cole. Why don't you go finish your paper, you will be busy this week. So you won't have timeto finish it, and we don't want you failing because you were distracted by us." Andrew said kissing my cheek.

"Sure." I said skeptically as I watched them walk out of the room and shut the door behind them. What were they going to talk about and where was Nicole when I needed her help. I needed an answer, which one of them was truely meant for me.