Chapter Four - Welcome to the family

When I saw their pack house only one thing came to mind; these people are LOADED. The pack house had six floors and it’s connected to a parking garage with five floors. The front of the house had automated doors as well as a revolving door and a covered patio just like a hotel. Daniel howled once and barked three times before a guy and a girl came out of the building holding some clothes. As soon as they saw me they hissed at me, the girl shifted into her wolf and lunged at me with her teeth bared. I didn’t think before I reacted because it happened all so fast. One second I was standing a little ways away from Diego and Daniel and then next I was in the air spiraling over the girl that was attacking me. I saw red when I landed behind her, faster than the blink of an eye I whipped around and clamped down on her tail. I pulled down and dragged her to the ground; I was going for her throat when I decided killing her wouldn’t solve anything. So I started clawing into the soft furry flesh on her stomach, I heard a gasp come from behind me and the sound of feet drew me back to my senses. I jumped backwards and curled up into a little ball whimpering. This is what I always did back in Riverside, whenever I absolutely knew that a beating was coming I just curled up in a ball and tried to protect my stomach as much as possible.

  “Shift right now,” Robert shouted after he shifted and put on some shorts. Everyone around me shifted, everyone but me, I stayed in my wolf form. Honestly I couldn’t bring myself to shift not after I had just tried to kill one of their pack mates. No one made a single sound; you could only hear our breathing. The tension in our group began to grow at an extremely fast pace. No one made a move to try and get me to open up. The guy, Jeremy, tossed all of them their clothes and they hurriedly put them on, but the tension stayed the same.

  “Jeremy, go get her some of my clothes and the throw blanket off of the couch in my room,” Diego said cutting the tension in the air around us like he was slicing butter. Jeremy nodded his head and went to fetch the clothes as Diego slowly made his way over to me. He approached me like I was a wild animal but I would’ve did the same thing to him if he had done what I just did. “Bambino it’s me, Diego. Come on mi amour, talk to me.” He said quietly as he crouched down beside me and touched my fur lightly. I let out a whimper and sniffled, but before I could stop myself a low moaning noise came from the back of my throat and they all looked at me like I had grown a third head or something. Diego just looked into my eyes with love and admiration in his eyes, the look you get when you meet your mate. Then I felt it the pull in my heart and my gut to this incredible guy in front of me. I wouldn’t let myself believe that he was mine; not after first time, not after getting rejected the first time.

  I shifted and he engulfed me in his arms, the waterworks came hard and strong. Tears rolled down my face like Niagara Falls but my cries were muffled by his shoulder. “Shhh, it’ll be okay mi amour, calm down, everything will be okay. I won’t let them hurt you, never. It’s okay; I promise you’ll be okay.” He whispered as he stroked my hair. That Jeremy guy came back faster than I thought he would and he handed Diego the clothes and blanket he requested. “Thank you,” he said to Jeremy.

  “Here you go; change under here. Do you want to tell me what happened just then?” he whispered to me.

  “She attacked me for no reason, I was solely defending myself. I am not going to apologize to her for doing so; however I want Robert to know that I am sorry for ignoring him. I didn’t do anything to that girl; I was minding my own business and she just attacked me,” I said to him before I changed into his clothes. They smelt like fresh brewed coffee, cologne and honey; I inhaled as much of his heavenly scent as I could.

  Diego picked me up bridal style and looked at Robert, “She said she’s sorry for ignoring you but she won’t apologize for defending herself against Amanda. I agree with her completely, Amanda had no right to attack her and she should be punished for it; Aurora did nothing wrong and nothing to provoke her, all she did was stand there. There was nothing wrong with her defending herself and I won’t let anyone tell me or her differently. Now can we please get to your room so we can discuss the matter at hand?” Robert nodded his head and started walking towards the pack house.