Chapter thirteen

I sat with Clockwork, Masky, and Hoodie around the fire pit as snow piled to the ground in large white flakes. The trees in the forest stopped most of the snow from hitting the ground where we were sitting, but it still piled around us nonetheless.
We all had cups of hot cocoa in our hands and we sipped happily while Jane and LJ ran around humming Christmas songs and putting wreaths on the trees around us with red bows and bells on them.
I felt a small package in my hoodie pocket and I inhaled slowly; remembering what it is for. I stick my hand in the pocket to feel the small box and a smile spreads across my face. I looked down at my cup and swirled the chocolatey drink around before taking a small sip. Clockwork made me a patch to put on the side of my mouth so that the cocoa didn't fall out of my mouth through the gap in my cheek. I thanked her inside my head when the warm liquid went down my throat comfortably; warming my whole body.
"Hey g-guys." I said. They all looked up at me and I stared back at them. "I've g-got somewhere to g-go..."
"Where are you going?" Clockwork asked. I took another sip from my cocoa and I stayed there taking an extra long sip while they all stared at me in an awkward silence.
"I c-can't tell you that..." I said. Masky scoffed and Hoodie looked offended. Clockwork rubbed my arm and hugged it gently with a small smile on her face.
"Okay." She said quietly. "We'll be here when you get back!"
I smiled at her before setting down my mug in the snow and taking off the patch. I immediately started to speed walk towards the forest exit.

Once I was a few feet away from the exit, I pulled my hood off of my head and took my goggles off from my forehead. I set them down on the ground next to a gray and black stripped scarf. I took off my other scarf and put that one over my mouth. I looked at my reflection through my goggles and I smiled in success.
I looked like a normal person wearing a scarf to keep the cold out of their face.
I quickly walked out of the forest and looked around to make sure nobody saw my departure. Once I was sure that nobody saw me, I quickly walked towards a familiar house...
My house...
I swallowed all doubt that came to mind and I grabbed the package from my pocket and took a sharp intake of breath. Mom moved back into our house a few weeks ago and I was relieved to find that out. It's our home and we shared memories there...

But now it's just her...

I swallowed again and walked up the stone steps to our front door. I saw through the window an elegant Christmas tree with a few presents under it. I bit my trembling lip before I placed the package on the ground and my gloved hand hovered just inches away from the door.
My heart hammered in my chest. I was only a few inches away from knocking on the door and saying 'Merry Christmas' to my mother...
I made up my mind and I finally knocked on the door with a loud three knocks. Suddenly, regret flooded through me and my eyes widened at how stupid of a decision I had made. Once I heard her walking to the door, I quickly turned on my heel and ran down the steps. The door opened just as I had made it to the sidewalk. She stared at me running away and I felt her gaze on me. I made the mistake to turn around and face her.
When she saw my eyes her eyes widened. Her thoughts were confirmed when I suddenly let a violent twitch attack my neck; causing it to crack. She put her hand up to her mouth and I saw tears form in her eyes. My eyes widened and I quickly turned around and ran across the slippery road.

All I heard as I ran away was my mother's voice calling to me.

"Toby! Toby, please come back!"

A/N:
MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYBODYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Sorry this chapter is a bit short, and as will Playing with Magic and The Meeting at Twilight. I hope you guys had an AWESOME Christmas Eve and got lots of awesome presents!!!! (I got a shit ton of Fairy Tail stuff and I am soooooooo psyched like omf!!!!!!) and are going to have an amazing Christmas!!!!
If you don't celebrate any holidays around this time of year, I hope you have a wonderful rest of this week anyways!!!!!
I hope you guys enjoyed this chapter, please do leave a comment and a vote if you haven't already, and I will see y'all on the flipside!!!!!!!