meet Narmada and Udhay

Start from the beginning

''I want the food now!'' She whined, smashing her hands on the table. I groaned, and finally the food was done. She successfully evaded the topic.

I gave her a plate full of food, and once it hit the table it didn't last long. I turned around to grab the plate, and noticed it was literally licked clean.
" what? I am hungry! I kept wrath yesterday." She said and I shook my head. I heard my phone ring and darted upstairs.

''Hello'' I answered, and heard weird breathing.

''Hanging up in 5... 4... 3...''

''WAIT!!!'' Yelled my bestie and colleague Brinda.

''Hey Bri, what's up?'' I asked, as I ran downstairs to clean the kitchen and saw mom doing it. I took the cloth from her and send her back to the room.

''Just wanted to see if you wanted to go to the mall today, you up for it?'' She asked.

''Yeah sure, what time?'' I asked while cleaning the table, Suddenly I heard a knock at my front door. I went down to answer it and there stood Brinda.

''Now would be great.'' She said hanging up.

''Bri!'' Yelled mom as she came out. She engulfed her in a large hug; to be honest, that made me really jealous.

I ignored the two and went upstairs and started to get shower and dressed.
We then informed mom about going shopping and took off.

Brinda and I walked around the megamart , until finally her eyes met with a dress in a shop. I groaned as we walked in here, the rock music is to loud and made me feel uneasy. I gazed around the place. Many had piercings and some crazy style to go with.

''Narmada, look at this cute dress'' She said showing me a dress. I put a thumbs up and she put it back.

''You don't like it ,do you?'' She asked.

''Not really.'' I said laughing, which made her laugh too.

''Eh, who cares, I'll buy it when I'm all alone.'' She said dramatically and dragged me to the food court.

As we stood in the line, I could feel someones eyes one me, which made me turn around. Of course, noone was looking at me, and I felt suspicious.

''What's wrong?'' Bri asked as she got her tray.

''Nothing, just thought someone was looking at me'' I said as I grabbed my tray.

''Well yeah, bet there was. You dressed so cute today ,people should be looking at you'' She said, and smiled.

''I just wear this randomly.'' I said laughing as we walked to the table with our food. I am famished.

I nodded as I began to eat, but once again. Something, or someone had to be watching me. I turned around and saw a guy looking at me. I glared at him and turned back around. - hopefully he'll get the hint.
I find this super awkward, and creepy. After a few minutes I turned back around; to see if he is still looking. Of course he is, he had to be some pervert. Two tables behind him, I saw a familiar face. Udhay Vasudev of UVR constructions. He's here too! I sighed.

''Be right back'' I said as I walked over to that guy. I put my hands on my hips, and licked my lips as I spoke to him.

''Why are you looking at me?'' I asked, and he smirked, his side of his lip lifting into such a attractive smile.

''Can't a guy look at a beautiful girl?'' He asked, which caused my cheeks to become red with anger. Flirt!

''Well, not if the girl is trying to enjoy her outing with her friend. I would really appreciate if you would stop looking at me. It's creepy.'' I said loud enough so that Udhay can get the hint while crossing my arms.

''Hey calm down, I was only looking at you cause I thought you were pretty'' I didn't want to prolong but it kept happening.

''I don't care if you think I'm pretty, stop staring at me. Else, I will complain you to the police.'' I said pointing a finger at him before storming off.
Udhay choked on his drink and dragged his friend out in a hurry. When a waiter stopped him for bill, he took his wallet and gave it. He literally ran away fearing me complaining him to the cops. I smiled inwardly. Shut up, Narmada. He is not your type. Remember he's freaking rich.

I walked back over to my table and sat down, and took a bite of my food.

The guy who I shouted, walked back over and handed me a note with his number, but I ripped it in half and threw it away, causing some people to laugh. Brinda nearly choked as she laughed.

'' girl, he's hot, and you just threw that away.'' She said as she drank her Pepsi.

''I don't care, he shouldn't have been staring at me like some stalker. He'll learn for next time'' I said smirking which caused her to laugh.

''Ah, you girly girl think you're so tough, don't you?'' She asked raising a brow.

''What?! No, I don't think I'm tough. I'm just- Ugh, come on, I want to visit the skirt store'' I said grabbing her hand and pulling her away.

She reminds me of my bestfriend I had during my college days. The one,to whom I never had a chance to say proper farewell. Rekha. I wonder where she is.

*****
Here is the first chapter.
Hope it doesn't confuse you all.
Do let me know what you all think.