“I-I don’t know!” she stammered, looking around to see where she was. “I’m a building away from the burning apartment complex. You’ll see me at the rooftop with Kyungsoo. You need to hurry up, Kris! Kyungsoo’s bleeding so much!” she exclaimed, the panic growing by the second. “We need to take him to the hospital right away, I don’t know what to do!”

“It’s okay, Hyerin, calm down!” Kris said. “I’ll be right there. Just hang on, ok?”

“Please hurry up, please! He’s badly hurt and there’s a lot of blood!”

“I know, Hyerin, just please, calm down. I promise you I’ll be there. So just wait,” Kris said, “okay?”

Hyerin let out a shaky breath before nodding. “O-Okay.”

With that, Kris hung up and Hyerin focused all her attention towards Kyungsoo who was now drifting into unconsciousness.

“Kyungsoo? Kyungsoo!” Hyerin shook the boy by the shoulders, forcing him to sit up straight to no avail. The boy’s head swung to the left as his eyes closed, almost falling face flat on the floor if it weren’t for Hyerin holding him up.

Her eyes widened in horror. “Kyungsoo. Wake up. Stay with me, please, you need to be awake,” she begged, looking around, eyes heating up from the oncoming tears, and completely clueless as to what course of action she should take. She was incredibly helpless and scared and it was the worst thing she had ever felt in her entire life.

With the little strength he had, Kyungsoo slightly opened his eyes. “I f-feel light headed.”

“I-It’s okay. It’s going to be okay,” she consoled, trying to keep herself together. “You just have to be awake. Just stay awake for me, please?”

“O-Okay,” Kyungsoo stammered quietly, his good hand weakly grazing the cemented ground as if he was searching for something. It confused her at first, but when she realized that he was actually searching for her hand, she immediately held his and bit her lip to refrain from breaking out into a sob.

“I’m sorry,” she whispered, a lone tear rolling down her cheek. She wiped it away quick enough that she was sure Kyungsoo wouldn’t have seen it through his half-lidded eyes. “I’m sorry. I don’t know what to do.”

At least five minutes had passed and Kyungsoo was struggling to keep his consciousness. Hyerin didn’t know if he was feeling hurt or feeling nothing at all, as the boy was just pale and quiet, his face not giving away anything but weakness that if Hyerin didn’t check, she wouldn’t know that his heart was beating extremely fast.  She was contemplating whether she should just carry the boy downstairs herself when finally, Kris came flying to the rooftop.

He jogged towards the two. “Jesus Christ,” he mumbled in devastation.

“There’s not much time. He’s losing a lot of blood.” She sniffed, securing the jacket around Kyungsoo’s arm though at this rate it was not enough for the blood that was still flowing from his severe wound. “Bring him to M-LX as fast as you can! He blacked out, I don’t know if he can stay awake any longer!”

“Calm down, Hyerin,” Kris said, carrying Kyungsoo effortlessly and walking back to the edge of the rooftop. “It’s going to be okay-”

“No, it’s not going to be okay!” she suddenly yelled. “Nothing is going to be okay until Kyungsoo gets to the hospital!”

“I understand,” Kris calmly nodded, placing a hand on top of Hyerin’s head. “I promise I’ll bring him there as fast as I could. He’s not dying, Hyerin, he’s going to be alright.”