Chapter Six

Camp Half-Blood, Percy's POV

For a second, I was furious just seeing them together, but then I noticed something. Annabeth didn't even look like she wanted him to be near her.

"Come on, you know you want me." Eric pushed, getting close enough to Annabeth that her discomfort was obvious as she tried to move away.

"Can't you just leave me alone already?" She pleaded, refusing to look at him.

"Still upset about Mr. Water-Head, aren't you?" He asked with false sympathy "He's dead already, get over him!" He practically yelled. The campers nearby looked at Annabeth, sympathy for her position clear in their eyes, but didn't do anything about it.

"Can't you just leave me alone already. What I did was unforgivable, and the best I can do is stay away from the jerk that ruined his life." She told him miserably.

"What do you mean, the jerk that ruined his life?!" Eric almost screamed in outrage, pushing her to the ground "He was the good for nothing jerk anyway!" That pretty much broke most of my resistance.

Within a second I had my new sword, Kýma, meaning wave in greek, pointed at his neck. I luckily managed to keep myself from using Riptide, that would have been a disaster.

"How about you leave the girl alone?" I asked him politely. He obviously didn't get the message.

"And why should I?" He asked arrogantly.

"Well, let's see." I said, looking away for a moment in fake thought, pushing the blade against him harder when he tried to move "I have a blade at your neck, I've been training for over two and a half thousand years, and, well, you have no reason to be harassing her in the first place." I looked back at him, a smug look I knew was visible on my face, since the mouth isn't covered up by the mask. He gulped, showing that he was actually nervous.

"Fine, I'll leave, for now. But this won't be the last you see of me." He growled before dashing off to somewhere I didn't care about. I turned and offered Annabeth a hand up.

"Thanks, but you shouldn't have helped me. I don't deserve it." She told me sadly, looking at the ground. At least I thought it was the ground until I noticed her messing with something one her hand. I suddenly realized that it was the ring I had dropped all of those years ago when I saw the scene I hoped to forget about. Maybe... Maybe she hadn't meant it. I quickly thought of a way to indirectly ask.

"Why do you think that? The guy was harassing you for apparently just the reason of wanting to date you, yet no one helped you." I told her.

"Yes, but I did something that is almost unforgivable." She replied sadly. I mentally sighed. She didn't get the hint.

"And that is?" I prodded, and the look on her face made me regret it.

"Five years ago, there was a man named Percy Jackson. Best hero that ever lived, and he chose me of all people as his girlfriend. And he was loyal, no matter what. Even went to Tartarus so that he would be with me. But, soon after Eric came and started spreading lies about him, he started to nag me, trying to make me break up with Percy and date him. Of course, it was only to push Percy over the edge. One day we were fighting, and he-" She sniffled, since tears had already started to come out of her eyes "He forced me to kiss him. Apparently Percy had happened to see, and it wasn't until- until it was too late that I found out that h-he had been planning on marrying me. By then though, he was al-alread-already-" She couldn't quite say it, fulling breaking out crying "I-I'm sorry, I n-need to le-leave." She told me, walking away. I just stood there, a mix of emotions going through my head as everyone stared at her as she went to her cabin, sobbing. I finally went ahead and rejoined my group, heading to our cabin in silence.