White Picket Fence

A One Shot start off to season 6 of OUAT. Killian and Emma happily waking up in their house on a regular non-drama filled morning in Storybrooke.

{Killian's POV}
Killian awoke to the sound of the alarm. It was the one thing he learned to understand quickly in this land so he could shut it up even faster. Killian slapped his hand down on the snooze.

It had been about a week since they had resurrected Killian from the Underworld.

He looked down to his chest only to see a tangle of blonde hair. Emma's thin fingers rested on his chest hair. He could get used to this.

"Swan?" Killian whispered rubbing her bare back. She groaned in response indicating she didn't want to wake. "It's time to wake up. You don't want to be late for work." She groaned again and Killian sighed. "You leave me no choice," he wrapped his good arm around her waist flipping her to her back as he laid on top of her. Emma grunted.

Killian left peppered kisses on Emma's collarbone.

"Wake up," he whispered against her skin.

"You're squishing me," she answered in a raspy, tired voice.

He kissed her nose once before getting out of bed and walking to the pile of their clothes on the floor and sliding on grey sweats and a simple black t-shirt.

Emma sat up clutching the sheets to her chest.

"Good morning, Swan," the corners of his mouth quirked into a smile. She was beautiful.

"Mornin," Emma yawned. He walked to her bedside and leaned down kissing her.

"I'll make breakfast," he smiled moving her hair out of her eyes and walking out of the room.

"Okay, but nothing using the stove!" She yelled after him. Killian smirked as he walked down the stairs. Emma didn't trust him with the stove yet, but Henry had been teaching him how to use it.

"Oh good, you're here. Can you finish the eggs please? I have to go to the bathroom really bad." He said handing Killian the spatula. He stared at the instrument as Henry ran off to go to the bathroom and then looked to the stove. Cocking his head, he walked towards the large burning counter looking down at the pan. The eggs sizzled, so Killian flipped them and stirred. This wasn't that bad. He was getting the hang of it. Killian smiled at himself until-

"Killian! What did you do?" Henry yelled holding his nose. "They smell burnt. How do you burn eggs?" He asked walking over and looking down to the pan. The eggs were a brownish color. "Move the pan off of the stove," he said as the smoke detectors started going off.

"The bloody hell is that?!" Killian plugged one of his ears with his good hand unable to do anything with the other.

"The smoke detector." Henry sighed and grabbed a towel waving it at a small device on the ceiling. Killian moved the pan quickly off the stove, and soon the beeping stopped. He dropped the towel on top of the table and moved to the stove. "Well, they don't look as bad as they did last time," he shrugged. "Nice job," he playfully slapped Killian's shoulder dishing them both some eggs. They sat down and began to eat when he heard footsteps coming down the stairs.

"Hello, Love. Want some eggs?" He smirked down proud that he was making progress.

"Is that what that smell is?" She asked as she came down the stairs pulling her shirt all the way down.

"Yep! They're actually not that bad," Henry shrugged as Killian raised an eyebrow in a smirk.

"Did you hear that, Love? Not that bad," he nodded taking his first bite and making a face.

"Henry did you let Killian near the stove again?" Emma asked waiting impatiently for her coffee cup to fill.

"It's almost like you're the kid and I'm the adult," Henry chuckled as Killian shot him a glare.

"Okay, well I have to go to the station and I'm already late, so-"

"Your dad will understand. Plus you're kind of your own boss," Killian pushed his eggs aside getting up and looking for cereal.

"That's true, but I feel bad. It's the third time I've been late this week." Emma sighed as Killian pulled out the Lucky Charms pouring himself a bowl.

"I bet he hardly blames you. It's only been a week since the whole fun Underworld experience. You haven't been getting sleep, it's fine," Killian winked at Emma raising an eyebrow. She turned red almost instantly.

"I may be fourteen, but I'm not stupid. That's gross, and that's why I've been sleeping at Regina's..." Henry pushed his eggs next to Killian's reaching for the cereal box.

The coffee machine beeped indicating that her coffee was ready. Emma's fingers fumbled with the coffee machine trying to open it.

"Hey," Killian rested his hand on Emma's waist from behind. "Just relax, you're fine.." He said softly. She nodded hastily taking a sip of her coffee.

"I know I'm just really stressed about Storybrooke's new visitor.. they call him the Shadow Man. David and I have been trying to find out what he wants for a couple days now." She explained after taking a deep breath and walking over to Henry placing a quick kiss on top of his head.

"You'll find what you're looking for. If you need help just call okay?" Emma nodded. "Goodbye," Killian smiled leaning down to kiss her. That seemed to relax her. She grabbed the door handle ready to leave. "Wait!" Killian said walking to the closet and pulling out her red leather jacket holding it open for her.

Her face softened walking over and sliding an arm in each sleeve. Killian sat down and began to eat along with Henry again.

"See you tonight. Love you guys!" Emma shouted as she started out the door.

"Love you!" Henry and Killian said in unison. The door closed and car started. Henry walked to the front door window peering out.

"She's gone!" He yelled running to the couch and turning on his Xbox One. Killian was not far behind. "Ready to get your butt whooped?" Henry asked handing Killian a controller.

"I've been practicing, Lad. I wouldn't get too cocky now. I'm pretty good for a guy with one hand," he shrugged as they sat back enjoying the rest of their Saturday in their white-picket-fence house with their white-picket-fence life.

*Hey I hope you guys enjoyed that one shot I know it was a little fluffier then they'd make it:) but that's how I want the first episode after they rescue Killian to go cause after all that death they deserve it. Maybe I'll do more one shots in the future! -Syd*

Oh and MERRY CHRISTMAS ONCERS!

I did this a year ago but entering this in for __CaptainSwan__ 's contest 2:)