9 - parents and weddings

The sudden loss of contact left Kaden out of breath, even though the kiss didn't last longer than ten seconds. He stood up, feeling confused, annoyed and terrified. Confused because of what he felt, annoyed because he stopped feeling it and terrified because he had never felt like that before. Tamara walked into the room.

"How are you babe?" she asked Zoie, but her eyes were shut and she looked like she was sleeping as she refused to respond.

"Uhm, she's asleep," Kaden quickly covered.

"Well shit I even traced down Layla to get some Tylenol, but I guess she doesn't need it anymore," Tamara pulled up her long hair.

"Maybe when she wakes up?" Kaden suggested as they walked out of the room, closing the door behind them.

"Maybe."

Tamara sat down onto the sofa and took out her phone, "I managed to find the bags," she commented.

"I can see that," Kaden said looking at the two black bags on the table, "So what now?"

"Now you can go," Tamara replied, not taking her eyes off the small screen.

"You're going to take care of her?"

"Yes dumbass, I don't even know why you're acting like you've known her your entire life when you've seen her like what, twice?" Tamara smirked.

"Oh fuck off," Kaden walked out and slammed the door shut behind him. In a few minutes he was in a taxi, heading home.

*

"We'll see you at the wedding Kaden."

"Okay, bye mom," Kaden ended the call and dropped his phone onto the sofa.

"You're actually going?" Spencer walked into the warm living room, a glass of red wine in his hand.

"I have to," Kaden sighed, "My parents would kill me if I didn't come."

Chris was always there while Kaden was growing up. He was best friends with Kaden's dad and they were both very much into golf and basketball. Whenever there was a game on, the two of them would be in the living room, cheering for their favorite teams. Chris was also the one who taught Kaden how to play basketball when he was younger, and he went to all of his games.

Chris'  weeding was that weekend, and Kaden knew that he couldn't escape it. He never liked weddings, but at the same time he was kind of curious as to who Chris was marrying, because he could never imagine him with a woman.

"I mean you could always tell them that you are sick," Spencer suggested, taking a sip of the dark red liquid.

"It's not like that would stop them from dragging me down there. You know my parents."

"True," Spencer smiled and looked out of the window, "I hate this time of the year. It's so freaking cold."

With that he left the room, letting Kaden get back to his work.

*

"Kaden, honey," she hugged Kaden, before she examined the suit he was wearing, "I thought you were going to wear the blue tie?" she furrowed her perfectly shaped eyebrows.

"I couldn't find it, mom," Kaden said, looking at his grey tie. He didn't think that it was that bad.

Kaden's mother - Aurora, looked perfect as always. There wasn't a single piece of hair sticking out of her brown bun. A simple nude dress was covering her body,  a big shiny necklace placed around her neck. She smelled of her favorite, strong flowery perfume, her lips covered in red lipstick.