Chapter 1

I closed the door to my apartment and dropped my luggage to the ground, happy to be home again. I had been working or rather switching between a travel contractor and travel guide for the two years. My passion for travel noticed by the intrepid travel back then. I was only 22 but I had managed to get my life turned around from my previous one.

I had been away for a total of 5 months. Only coming home in between to repack and leave again. But now I would home for 5 weeks, having my own much needed holiday. I picked up my luggage and walked towards my washing machine, putting in a machine, before going to my kitchen, not that much would be in it.

great, groceries. Guess sleeping off the jetlag would have to wait, picking up my handbag and leaving the place once more.

**

coming back I unpacked my groceries, putting in another washing machine and in the drying machine, I ate the prepared meal I'd warmed it up. finally, I sat on the couch sipping from my tea cup as I looked over the city from my 13th floor apartment in Kensington.

The bags under my eyes under my eyes only a confirmation of my exhaustion. I wasn't really skinny person. Even all the travelling and physical activities during touring didn't make me lose weight. Blame it on the thyroid.

My curvy body figure had always been the subject of many teasing and bullying, it wasn't really fat. . I mean why did it matter. I wasn't an unfriendly person, of course I had my good and bad side, like any usual person I guess. My brown chestnut hair was tied in bun, it used to be white blond, turning 18 I changed that, ever since that day I've loved my chestnut brown locks. My bluish eyes looking back at me made me come back from my gaze.

My cup of tea finished, I crawled under a blanket, put on one of my many documentaries on astronomy on, I'd recorded.

***

the buzzing of my phone on the glass coffee table woke me up. "for crying out loud, can't I even catch up on my sleep." I said out loud, reaching for my phone from my spot on the couch.

"hello." I snapped, grump from both exhaustion and being woken up. "being grump?" Colin chuckled from the other line. "I don't really like to be woken up when I'm jetlagged." I scolded, getting up to make another cup of tea.

"I know. I don't like it either, but I've got a huge favour to ask you." he began, guessing what his favour would be already. "Let me guess, you need me to fall in for you." I hinted. "Yes, I was supposed to be the tour manager to a band from Ireland 'The script' for their world tour in like the next year." He explained.

"the next six months?" I asked. "yea, that's only the tour. You've got 2 months to prepare before the tour. I already planned most of it, but a lot of stuff needs to be done. I wouldn't ask if I could do it myself, but my mom got some bad news during a check up and I'd rather be with her." He explaining, making my mood turn around.

I would have agreed had it been for him to just get out it, but if his mother was sick I could understand. "What's wrong? Nothing to bad, I hope." I told him. "she's got aneurysm in her brain. I'd like to be there for her now." He explained.

"Of course, what do you need me to do? I've never managed a band though"I asked. "Well I'm supposed to meet the band in 2 hours at the John Henry's studio, it's near Kings cross. I've informed them of it and told them I would get them a new manager I trusted with my life and knew would be able to handle it." he praised.

"Colin, I've already agreed, you don't need to flatter me into me." I chuckled. "No, I'm not. It's what I told them. I wouldn't trust anybody else with it. I trust you and know you to do a brilliant job at it." he told me.