I looked over to Sam. She had purple hair and grey-blue eyes. She turned to me and smiled. "Hi." she said. "Hi." I said shyly.

"You shy?" she asked. "Uh. Not really." I replied. "Don't be around me. I think your pretty cool." she said.

"Let me see your schedule." she said. I reached in my bag and handed it to her. "Same classes. Just stick with me." she said, handing me the paper back.

"Today we will be doing an inspirational painting. Paint from your mind. Let your imagination do the work. Just glide the brush across the canvas and it will just paint itself." Ms.Annabelle said.

"She's perky. I know. She gets on my nerves." Sam said. I nodded in agreement.

I picked up my paintbrush and started painting. The teacher walked by and looked at everyone's canvas.

After a while, I was done. I looked at my painting. It was of a pink, orange, and purple sky, a large field of grass, and small children running in the field.

"I see you like nature?" Ms.Annabelle asked. "No. I just....I was thinking of a meadow." I replied. "Oh. Well, okay." she said. Then she walked away.

"Nice. Check mine out." Sam said. I faced her and then her painting. It was of food. Just a table and food.

"Ah. A food lover. We will get along just fine." I said, nudging her arm. She laughed. "You made me hungry!" I complained. "Haha. Sorry." she said.

The teacher walked by and stopped at us. "Painting about food again, Samantha. It's better than the last one. Since you don't have a partner, Camille, Samantha can be yours." she said. Then she walked away.

"Please tell me the bell will ring for the next class soon." I said. "Yeah. It should ring right about now." she replied.

After a few seconds, the bell rang. Everyone picked up their bags and ran out the door. Sam and I took our time. I grabbed my bag and we walked out to the hallway together.

"Next is Photography. Do you have a camera?" she asked. I took out my Polaroid and digital camera. "That's perfect because you need both of those. Do you have a scrapbook?" she asked. "No. Not yet." I replied. "Don't worry. We don't need it today." she said.

We soon made it to the classroom. We were the first ones. We took our seats and waited. "Have you ever been to a real school?" she asked. "No. I'm adopted." I replied. "Was that your mum that walked with you?" she asked. "Yeah." I replied. "I didn't really get a good glimpse of her." she said.

After a while of us talking, everyone was in the room. So was the teacher. "Hi, class. I really didn't have anything planned for today, so we are just going to watch a movie called The Notebook." she said.

"What does The Notebook have to do with photography?" someone asked. "The scenery. This movie may inspire you kids to capture the beauty in the world." she replied.

"Wow. This teacher is deep." I whispered. Sam nodded in agreement. The teacher turned off the lights and started the movie. I've only seen this movie once and that was only because I was forced to. 

***

"What do you want!?"
"It's not that simple!"
"What do you want!?"