Chapter 2 - First Day

**Two Months Later**

It was a 2 hour drive to Westcott. Luckily, my brother lived up there so I knew a few shortcuts. Getting there was fine, but finding a car parking space was a nightmare.

Fortunately there was one in the far corner by the leaning willow tree. Not a recommendable spot, but it was better than nothing.

I had taken ten paces from my car, pulling two suitcases, a travel bag and, my backpack and then....

"Hi." Came a unfamiliar voice.

I turned to my left and there, was a strawberry-blonde, average height, brown-eyed girl. I tried to say hi back but she cut me off -

"I'm Samantha. " she held her hand out for me to shake, which I took gladly.

Had I really already made a friend?
Score Alexa!

"Hi. I'm Alexa Burkes." I replied with a toothy grin spread across my face.

"Don't worry it's my first day too. I guess I thought we could get to know a each other and become friends? "

She said it like a question so I nodded reassuringly in a way of giving her permission.

***

We walked into the office to collect our room keys and our timetables. Samantha gave her name first. As her details were being registered I looked around the place and gaped at how clean it was. I guess this is the only room that isn't infested with teenagers hey!

I felt a elbow digging into my shoulder.

"Hey! What are you-"

I cut myself off and followed Samantha's gaze.

"What's your name, dear?"
Came the old - sorry fragile office woman.

"Sorry. Alexa Burkes." I quickly replied realising I had been daydreaming again. Whoops!

***

We reached our floor. Samantha was 4 doors down from me so it was nice to know she was close by.
We said goodbye and I carried on to my dorm. I started fiddling with the key cards.
After a moment the door opened.

A tall, sophisticated looking girl stood with her shoulders back and back straight.

"Lily!" I screeched as loud as my lungs would let me.

"Hey! Where have you been? Were you with a boy!?"
She had already started interrogating me. Typical.

"It took a while to find a space for my car. Sorry." I replied. I wasn't lying and she must of sensed it since I was confident enough for her liking.

"Oh shi-" she began.

"Language!" I spoke sternly.

"Sorry. I forgot my luggage. I'll be back soon." She whizzed away before I could say anything.

***

My stomach had started to grumble so, I decided to look for the canteen. I could do with some food.

It seemed like these corridors never ended. Every corner led to another corridor. I was shocked to find so many people making out in the corridor, so I immediately turned back. I would find another route.

I didn't.

My stomach was starting to fight now.

Where. Is. The . Damn. Canteen.

It was then I heard loud, thundering footsteps pounding on the floor behind me.......