Christmas Surprises

"I've been trying to reach you

'Cause I got something to say

But you're talking about just nothing at all

and you're sliping away."

Westlife (You make me feel)

****

A/N Merry Christmas all.  

****

"I just don't get why he'd tell your mom and not me, that I should come here for Christmas. I mean what's he up to, seriously?" I asked, annoyed as I laid my bag on the bed. It was bad enough that I had not spoken to uncle Remus in months but now he had me spending Christmas at the Weasleys where Ginny, Fleur and I had to share Ginny's tiny room therefore Ginny and I had to share a bed.

"I don't know Miley, but he clearly did not want you to be alone over Christmas. I just can't believe that Mum wants me to share a room with Phlegm! I mean seriously!" Ginny said crossly throwing herself down on the bed.

There was a knock on the door and Harry came in.

"Hey, Miley, can I talk to you?" he asked.

"Sure, let me just finish unpack-"

"It's kind of urgent." He said.

"Okay." I said following him out. He led me into a run-down stone outhouse where the Weasleys kept their broomsticks. A little puzzled, I followed Harry through the creaking door into a space a little smaller than the average cupboard.

"Well this is cosy." I said noticing that there were dozens of spider webs on the walls.

"I know what you are." Harry said determinedly.

"Confused?" I asked because, well, I was.

"You're a Death Eater. You and Malfoy, you're Death Eaters." He said and all of a sudden, the small room started to feel even smaller.

"What? W-What! Me, a Death Eater? Really Harry, that's, that's preposterous. Can we get out of here, I'm claustrophobic." I said starting to breathe heavily. I attempted to leave but he held me back.

"I overheard your conversation with Snape and Malfoy after Slughorn's party. I know you are helping him to do whatever he's supposed to do for Voldemort. I want to know what that is." Harry insisted. So, I had heard someone that night.

I yanked my arm from his grip. "Well, maybe if you stopped catching conversations midway, you'd understand better. Draco's my cousin and I'm helping him out with a lot of things that have absolutely nothing to do with you." I started to walk away.

"Show me your arm." He said.

"Sure." I said showing him my right arm.

"Your other arm." He insisted.

I pretended to get angry. "Gosh, Harry, do you honestly believe that I'm a Death Eater? After what they did to my parents?"

"I didn't mean...well, what are you helping Malfoy with then?" he asked.

"That has nothing to do with you. Whatever Draco's doing, you're in over your head. My life was so much easier when I wasn't talking to you." This time, I actually did walk away. This was not good. Harry was being too suspicious and I had no desire for him to get any closer to the matter at hand.

***

The day before Christmas Eve, I was looking at the air. I sat outside, behind the house, just appreciating how just good the air looked. It was pitch black out there. You wouldn't understand, the beauty of it, so filled with movement and-