Love Story(Platina x Pearl)

Love Story- Taylor Swift
~~~~~~~~
We were both young, when I first saw you. I close my eyes, and the flashback starts: I'm standing there, on a balcony in summer air.
See the lights, see the party, the ballgowns. See you make your way through the crowd and say, "hello." Little did I know...
~*~*~
"Lady! Lady Berlitz! Where are you miss?!" A teen with deep blue hair stared at her reflection in a mirror with dull eyes. Fine pink silk from her dress pooled at her feet, and delicate shells had been stitched onto the sleeves that ended at her elbows. A diamond necklace sat upon her neck.
"I'm here," she said quietly. Her maid came forward.
"My lady... The party will be starting soon..."
"So it is..." The maid watched the girl sadly. She isn't happy, but she's knows as well as we all do. As the sole heir of the Berlitz family, she must learn the affairs of business and social etiquette. But that doesn't mean that it's fair to the young lady...
The girl turned away from the mirror. "I'm ready, Bella."
"Very good, my lady. I'll escort you-"
"I am able to walk down a flight of stairs alone. Thank you though."
Lights flashed from the chandeliers onto the polished marble floor. The girl stepped down each step with such grace that she seemed to be floating. Her dress trailed behind her. All eyes were on her. She was beautiful, but her face was stoic; her blue irises hardened.
That's Berlitz's daughter. She's the only heir...
When he dies, everything he owns will be hers-
So whoever marries her gets all this...?
As the girl descended the final steps, a large group of men approached her, each grabbing her hand. They crowded around her, and none seemed to back off. If anything, the group became larger as more men grabbed at her. She'd squeezed her eyes shut. Why Father.... Why must I do this...? Eventually, a young man with violet hair wrestled his way through the crowd and brushed away all other suitors. As much as she didn't like being fought over like a strip of meat among a pack of dogs, she was grateful that this stranger had gotten her away from the others.
"Miss Berlitz?" Her eyes his.
"Yes, that's me-"
"I know. My name is Paul." He extended his hand to her. "May have this dance?" Her hand slipped into his.
"Very well."
They conversed, but honestly, she was bored. All Paul wanted to talk about was how much he admired her father and his success. Just moments after they began dancing, she knew he was only interested in her father's wealth. As soon as she could she let go of Paul's hand. "Thank you. Please excuse me."
"Miss-" the blue haired girl had already fled. He sighed. Dammit... There went my chance of becoming a millionaire...
Odd was it, that this party was intended to officially introduce Platinum Berlitz to high society. She'd already been to these events before though. In reality, this was just another event to flaunt her father's wealth. And another attempt for her father to marry her off to the suitor with the most to offer him. A tool was she, a mere, simple tool. Another pawn of her father's to get what he wanted. Just like everyone else.
At that moment, something broke deep inside the Berlitz heiress. The steel walls she had barricaded herself behind from the time she could comprehend how her world worked-all came crashing down. For years, she'd been the serious, emotionless, heir of the Berlitz family. Without those walls though, she was just a teenage girl. And at the moment, a very upset teenage girl. So she did what any teenage girl would do when upset: run away to a place where she could be alone. Which, happens to be simple actually when you've spent all your life in an expansive mansion.
Leaning against the railing, Platinum buried her face in her slim hands. Her sea blue hair obscured her face as she sobbed silently. With each tear, more sobs wracked her body. She jerked her head up at the sound of footsteps behind her. It was a serving boy, one she didn't recognize. Blond curly hair puffed outwards from his face, and he had brilliant topaz eyes. She turned her face back towards the ground three stories below though.
"Hello. What's wrong, miss?" He asked gently.
"It's none of your concern." He didn't respond with anything, so she asked, "who are you? I don't recognize you from the staff."
A slight smile popped up on his face. "Perhaps I'm not staff. Maybe I snuck in." The girl backed away quickly.
"You-!"
"Please... My father has been away on business since I was young. A friend of mine actually works for this family- I offered to take his shift tonight." Anxiety shined in his vibrant eyes. "Please, don't tell anyone I'm here." Strangely, Platinum Berlitz nodded.
"Ok." He held out his hand.
"I'm Pearl, by the way."
"Call me Platina."
"So why were you crying?" His question caused another tear to fall from her eyes.
"My father... He's been trying to marry me off..."
"Well that sucks, doesn't it?"
"You could put it that way..." He took her hand gently.
"Well at the moment, I'm only a serving boy. You don't have to worry about me trying for your hand- I'm below your status." His eyes twinkled. "Dance with me."
"Thank you, Pearl..."
"Of course, m'lady." The blond led the blue haired girl back into the ballroom and they began to dance.
It was the most fun she'd ever had at a party. Dancing with Pearl was better than any of the snobs who fought for her hand- and he didn't want anything from her.
Pearl twirled the girl in front of him gently. The tears were gone from her face. And... That actually made him very happy.
A girl this beautiful shouldn't be crying ever.
A tall man came over and tapped Pearl's shoulder. "Excuse me young man, but I believe You have work to do." Pearl dropped Platina's hand and nodded.
"Yes sir." The moment the blond left, the man grasped Platina's arm.
"What were you doing with the server?! Go dance with someone from our class!"
~*~*~
Tap. Tap. Tap.
A sleepy Platinum heard tapping on her window, so she went to investigate in her light pink nightgown. On the ground, was Pearl.
"Pearl! What are you doing here?!" she whispered loudly. His citrine eyes glimmered.
"I'm sorry. I just had to see you again. Are you alright?"
"Be careful... My father will kill you if he sees you with me again..."
"He won't. We'll be careful."
~*~*~
That you were Romeo. You were throwing pebbles, and my daddy said "stay away from Juliet". And I was crying on the staircase begging you "please don't go". And I said:
Romeo, take me somewhere we can be alone.
I'll be waiting; all that's left to do is run.
You'll be the prince and I'll be the princess,
It's a love story, baby, just say, "Yes".
~*~*~
Platina's had climbed down the trellis to the ground. Just as she was about to fall, the blond server caught her, causing both to blush briefly. They both just sat on a cement bench and talked quietly.
At the end of the night, Pearl kissed Platina's hand. And for once, she didn't find herself pulling away. In the moonlight, his topaz eyes shined brighter than any candle. "Can we meet the same time tomorrow night?" She asked softly.
"Of course. I'll try to meet you every night."
~*~*~
So I sneak out to the garden to see you.
We keep quiet 'cause we're dead if they knew
So close your eyes... escape this town for a little while.
Oh, oh.
~*~*~
The blue haired heiress waited till every light in the mansion went out. Then she slipped out of bed and climbed down the trellis with a small lantern. Gingerly, she followed the paved path to the garden until she saw him. At that moment, she simply ran at him and let herself melt into his arms.
There would be no speaking tonight. It was too risky. Both had too much to lose if they were caught.
But even if just for this moment together, they could escape the rumors and treacherous words of everyone in this place.
~*~*~
'Cause you were Romeo - I was a scarlet letter,
And my daddy said, "Stay away from Juliet"
But you were everything to me,
I was begging you, "Please don't go"
And I said...
~*~*~
Pearl had his arms wrapped snugly around this beautiful girl's waist. Her fingers tangled through his hair. Both faces were hidden as lips interlocked.
"GET THE HELL AWAY FROM MY DAUGHTER!!!!" Pearl only had a few seconds to mouth just a portion of what he wanted to say to Platina because her father currently was aiming a pistol at the server.
"Father, don't!" She cried loudly. That one shriek was loud and distracted the millionaire, giving the boy enough time to escape. Her father's face turned beet red and he grasped her wrist roughly. She cried out as he began dragging her back to the mansion.
"I'm going to teach you a lesson."
~*~*~
Romeo, take me somewhere we can be alone.
I'll be waiting; all that's left to do is run.
You'll be the prince and I'll be the princess.
It's a love story, baby, just say, "Yes".
~*~*~
Romeo, save me, they're trying to tell me how to feel.
This love is difficult but it's real.
Don't be afraid, we'll make it out of this mess.
It's a love story, baby, just say, "Yes".
~*~*~
Iron bars scored her windows. Three maids stood guard in her room, including the one from before, who watched her with pity. The young girl sat still on her mattress. Her face was immobile and expressionless. Her blue eyes had no more tears left to cry. The old maid wanted nothing more than to let her go see that boy. Who cares if she is with a serving boy? How is that worse than a prick who will just marry her then divorce her for money? Meanwhile, Platina had other thoughts.
Pearl... I miss you so much...
I've been locked up here for weeks. They haven't let me out...! I've had to had food brought to me, and I can't even go to the bathroom alone!
She hung her head. It's all my fault. I should've been more careful. You wouldn't have gotten in trouble if I were. She raised her head to the light shining through her window, and a small smile came across her face briefly.
They can't lock me up forever. Someday, Pearl, I'm going to go back to you. They can try to tell me how to feel, but they will never change the way my heart feels around you. This mess will be over someday, and I'll be in your arms where I belong.
~*~*~
Oh, oh, oh.
I got tired of waiting
Wondering if you were ever coming around.
My faith in you was fading
~*~*~
Platina was finally released, and the bars and guards were released. She went to the garden every night, but she never saw Pearl once. Each time she turned to go back to the mansion, a single tear would fall down her face.
~*~*~
When I met you on the outskirts of town.
And I said...
Romeo, save me, I've been feeling so alone.
I keep waiting for you but you never come.
Is this in my head? I don't know what to think.
~*~*~
She saw him working in an ice cream stand. The moment he finished serving the last customer, he looked up, and blue met citrine for the first time in forever. He threw the serving spoon down and ran out to meet the blue haired girl in the middle of the street. Tears fell from her face, and his as well as they embraced.
"I'm so sorry-" both started, then began laughing. He kissed Platina quickly, then knelt down.
I finally have her back. I am never letting her go.
He went behind his apron and pulled out a little box. "Platina... Will you marry me?" She reached for the ring, but balked.
"Pearl, what about my father?" He smiled.
"I talked to your dad and told him how miserable you were. He talked to your maid, who verified this. I know he seems like he wants to marry you off, but he wants you to have a happy future." His amber irises were shining more brilliantly than ever before. "Please, Platinum Berlitz, make me the happiest man alive."
"Yes, Pearl. I love you. Yes a million times." She pressed her lips against his firmly. And he slid the band over her finger. And two hearts became one once more.
~*~*~
He knelt to the ground and pulled out a ring and said...
Marry me, Juliet, you'll never have to be alone.
I love you, and that's all I really know.
I talked to your dad - go pick out a white dress
It's a love story, baby, just say, "Yes".

Oh, oh, oh, oh, oh, oh.

'Cause we were both young when I first saw you.

~*~*~
This was amazing to write. Personally, I love shipping Platina and Pearl. #HaughtyShipping