Chapter 10.1 A foregone conclusion

Matteo arrived at the airport exactly at seven o'clock. His company airplane sat outside, ready to take-off to the runway.

His female passenger wore the same high-necked, long sleeved blouse and pants of light blue color and black high heels she had worn when she left his office. This time she wore her hair down.

He made her an offer she couldn't refuse. He was prepared to pay her five times her present salary for the time being to be his PA. He still had trouble figuring out why he made that decision.

"Sir, may I take your bag?" His chief pilot had approached him.

"Thank you, Luis?" He handed over his suitcase. "I gather Miss Geronimo is settled in?"

"Yes, Sir."

When they reached the plane, the pilot stepped back to allow Matteo to climb the four steps to the forward section of the passenger area.

Since the only other person in the passenger section was Sarah, Matteo found her immediately.

Apparently, Enrique, the co-pilot had taken it upon himself to stow her luggage.

And why not? He was young and attractive, and Sarah was young and attractive, too.

Sarah sat three quarters of the way back in the twelve-passenger plane. Matteo found that funny. It was as though she assumed she must sit at the back of the plane.

"Sarah," he said, straightening after ducking through the entryway. "You need not sit back there. All the seats cost the same."

She looked up. She seemed nervous and restless.

That would be understandable. Many people had a fear of flying.

He approached her along the narrow aisle between leather seats. "Kung natatakot kang sumakay ng eroplano, don't worry. My pilots are very conservative. When the weather isn't best, they won't fly."

She had only been on an airplane twice. That was the trip to Cebu with Paolo to meet the Fernan - Guidicelli clan.

Sarah was now his employee. "I'd rather you moved up to the front. May trabaho pa tayong kailangan tapusin." Matteo waved her towards one of the comfortable chairs.

*****

Sarah sat down beside him by the window and fastened her seat belt.

An elegantly pretty flight attendant came up to Matteo to greet him.

He was a free man. All the model-type beauties in the world could come on to him and she wouldn't have the slightest right to object but.....it irritated her.