Intro

It's my 18th birthday.

And so, my day goes like this.

I was on my way to the church I'm volunteering in. My eyes roamed around to see how picturesque this church is. The garden was it's entrance, which makes you feel like you're entering Eden.

The angelic voices of the choir echoed in the whole place that is accompanied by the sound of grand piano and violins.

It would be great if I can have my wedding here.

"Sister Mara!" Sister Jen called out from the door of the church with a big smile and made a run towards me.

"Good morning Sister Jen!" I greeted back as she hugged me. You might probably think that she is actually childish about the whole running towards me scene but I'm clarifying to you, she is 14. So yeah.

After a big bear hug, she excitedly pull me towards the church." Let's go!" she happily shouted and continued to pull me wait-- more like drag me.

I'm amaze how strong this girl is when she got me inside the church kitchen in such short time without stopping on dragging me.

Before I could figure out how the heck she pulled me that easily, people from different sides of the church suddenly popped out of no where.

Literally, popped out. Because they jump in their places out of no where.

"Happy birthday Mara!" They greeted in unison as little Tony, one of the orphans here in the church came in the middle of the crowd with cake on his hands.

"Hapwee Birthday Shister Mara!" He greeted with a big smile.

I gaze upon his blue eyes and smiled back and ruffle his hair as I took the cake from him. "Thank you guys so much" I said as I held back my tears.

You might probably think now that I'm such a drama queen but this is how happy I really feel. Having the family you've grown with celebrate one of the most important birthdays of all.

They all awed and walk towards me for a big hug until I stopped them. " Let me put this down and---

The kitchen filled with laughter as I jumped on them for a big hug.

The day was probably the best of the best. I got hang out with the kids and the while church staff.

After the party, I walked from there to the cafe I'm working in.

"Hey Sandy! Hello Gary!" I greeted my co workers as I entered the shop. " Happy 18th birthday Mara!" They said in unison with big smiles on their faces.

"Wow! I 'm guessing you guys practiced that didn't you?!" I teased and they just nod in embarrassment.

"No worry guys! I like it!" I said before going behind the counter.

"You're welcome Mara!"

Everything went smoothly. I get orders from the usual customers as they greeted me and give them a thanks together with their orders.

"Excuse me miss" somebody called out for me when I was on my break. She was a lady in her 40's with the iconic pearls and light colored top and skirt together with a hat with feathers.

Wow... She's very pretty!

I smiled as I make my way towards her. I pulled out my mini notebook and pen before getting her order.

"What shall I get you today?" I asked.

It took a lot of seconds before she sighed in defeat.Her face crept in red. She's blushing?! How cute!

"I-I'm sorry. I called you out of no where" she said as she looked at the table. Maybe scared that I will told her off for calling me. " It's okay Ma'am! "I giddily said.

I can't help but to be so giddy around a cute old lady. It's just not predictable that at their age, you can still see them looking so innocent and cute.

" That usually happen when they see me from afar and mistakenly took me up to be beautiful lady" I said and winked at her.

She then smiled.

I walked back towards the counter as I noticed that my break is already finished. But a pair of hands on my left arm stopped me.

"C-can I talk to you? Just a minute or two please?" She asked with her pleading voice.

"Sure. Wait a sec" I answered her. It must be a big problem and she just needs someone to talk to. She must be lonely.

"Sandy! Fill me up for a moment okay?!" I shouted at the counter and as soon as I had Sandy's approval, I sat across the table.

I waited for her to begin. She must find it awkward to talk to stranger like me.

"I have a son, one and only son" she began as her voice treble for a bit.

"He was nice and kind. And also handsome like his father" she added and I can sense how much she adore him. Smiling and remembering her child

"But--

Her jolly eyes suddenly became teary. I held her hand and told her it's okay. " He became like his father"she blurted out. And I can sense how she despise her husband. He must've been a very bad guy.

"It's okay. Everything's gonna be okay" I told her as I quickly went to her side to give her a hug.

"I looked for people to help my son but they all run away" she said between her sobs. I pat her back to ensure that I'm listening.

Run away? What does her son do to make people run away?

"And I think you're the last person I have" she said and broke off our hug. I was surprised. Say what now?

"I always see you at the orphanage, church and other charities. I didn't mean to stumble down on you to be my last option but please help me" she plead and held my hand together.

"H-how do you want me to help?" I asked confused on what is happening.

"Marry my son" she pleaded.

-------------------

I was inspired by a Korean drama when I created this and as I look up at whom I wish to see between the roles, I saw BTS.

So I hope you like how the into got together.

This is another story that will make you believe how the world goes around.

Happy reading!!!

Acerica0 :) ;)