The Worried Man and The Hospital Bed of Chaos

Start from the beginning

I look at Greyson. "Who would do this?"

"Sage, the Police are in the lobby waiting for you, you encountered a man right?" It looked like every word that came out of his mouth felt like his teeth was being pulled. Greyson is trying to stay composed and he's doing well, yet from the wrinkles on the sheet he's gripping onto it's a different story. 

I gulp down the block in my throat. "N-No he was wearing a mask, everything's hazy." This was the truth, after he popped up out of nowhere about to strangle me I forgot everything prior to that. All I know at this moment was the cold-blooded hatred in his heart. He looked at me like I did some injustice to him that could never be made up. Like murder.

"It's alright," Greyson says softly, when was he able to speak like that? "you don't need to push yourself." I didn't like hearing him so kind, it felt misplaced. I'm not a masochist or anything but Greyson Blackstone has never treated me this way even before I knew his true nature. This is something I'm not really comfortable with but can't help but enjoy it.

"Thank you...Thank you for coming for me." I say, my eyes on my lap.

→←

Two days later after I got the O.K. to leave and spoke to the Police. I was free but hesitant to go, but when the doctors reassured me that my Father made it through the worse and will be back to normal within a few weeks I couldn't argue. Plus Dad was getting angry with me for not getting a decent rest since I was watching over him for the last forty-eight hours.

The good side is that my Dad will be fine and so will I.

The bad side is the outcome.

Unfortunately, Grandfather heard about the incident and since my Father won't be out of the hospital for a while he doesn't feel good about leaving me at home alone. Neither does Greyson. That's why they both gave me no other choice but to stay at Greyson's condo for a while. Grandfather originally wanted me to stay with him but Greyson said and I quote...

"Excuse me for my rash behavior, Mr. Emerson, but if I am the fiance of your Granddaughter it is only fit for me to be the one she stays with. And before you protest, my condo does have round the clock security from the most serious and professional men out there. No one knows I stay at that condo because I haven't been inside of it for a year and before you ask, I only have it as a precaution just in case something happens at my permanent living arrangement. Either way, the condo is comfortable, I have a maid who comes in once a week to keep it neat, and I personally will fill the fridge."

And when Grandfather asked about how to keep our relationship discreet he answered.

"Simple, Miss Slade will only leave when she gets the okay too which is for school and special events only. I will have her driven in a separate town car as I with Walter my most trusted escort and we will continue our daily lives just living together. And if you're worried about me doing anything to her, trust me sir, I assure you I'm not interested in girls as young as Miss Slade. I only worry about her protection."

Grandfather really couldn't argue with that, plus he wanted Greyson and I to get more acquainted. He feels that if we were to live together that somehow our bond will strengthen. Whatever that means. Either way I couldn't find a way out of this so I agreed, nevertheless, I will now be staying at Greyson's for the next few weeks until my Father is in tip top shape.

Now we're walking into a luxurious lobby of Greyson's multi-million dollar condo. He wasn't kidding about the security, there's hordes of them walking around, most of them are scary too. I wouldn't try anything here with guys like that crawling around. "Sage, pay attention." Greyson snaps me back and leans on the front desk. "This is Charles." He points to the guy behind the desk. "He's going to be the one who let's you into the building, he does not trust anyone, unless I myself or whoever lives here gives him the clear. I already told him about our circumstances so all you need to do is check in everytime you leave and come in. Understood?"

I nod.

"Hello, Miss Slade, I'm Charles." The man smiles. "Your safety will not be an issue here, Mr. Blackstone is correct we tend not to trust anyone unless we are given the clear too by the owner. So unfortunately that means if you have friends I have to run that through Mr. Blackstone before allowing them in."

I nod again. "It's okay, I understand."

"Great." He says. "Well please enjoy your stay and if you need anything, don't hesitate to ask."

Before I could thank him, Greyson snaked his arm around me and pulled me close. "That'll be all, we'll be heading up now." Without warning I was taken to the elevator and when the door's closed Greyson released me. He pressed a key card into the elevator and it automatically went to his designated floor.

His condo was on the hundredth floor! What..but...how...why!? "Greyson, that's pretty high, I'm not comfortable with being so high up." I tell him, my voice cracking from the nervous and anxious feeling I'm feeling now. Greyson looked at me and sighed, then grabbed me and wrapped his arms around me.

So this is what it's like to get embraced by him, it was warm and comfortable. His entire body engulfed mine and slowly the fear melted away and I relaxed. "Slade, I'm going to need you to be a brave girl for me, I refuse to have you anywhere else but here." He tells me softly. I want to stop this, to stop him from being kind, but I can't. Something inside me craves for more attention.

Does this make me a bad person?

The elevator lets out a ding and the doors open, we reached his condo...

Oh my gosh

His condo

The realization hit me like a truck, this whole time my mind has been on other things that I didn't think about the one thing that would be the biggest problem.

That I'll be...I'll be living with Greyson...

Alone!