Chapter 3

grace's pov:

Here i am crying in Michael Clifford's car. Michael Clifford, the guy who gave me hell for a whole year. Why am i not surprised? Michael wraps his arm over my shoulder, "Hey, hey shh don't cry" he whispered. I lean away, "Why are you doing this? Is this like part of some sick bet or something?" I cried. "No, Grace i truly am sorry. I'm sorry" Michael said. I knew he was being serious because tears were about to fall from his eyes. "Stop Michael you can't do that, you can't just make me feel like shit for a whole year and then just tell me your sorry." I said, my voice was shaking. I was falling apart just like everything else was around me. "I can't do this, i'm sorry." I got out of his car and walked into school. I looked back and watched him watch me with sadness and regret in his eyes. Why am i feeling sorry for this guy? He's bullied me for a whole year, why does my heart hurt. I walked into biology class and thank god Michael wasn't in my biology class because i can't face him right now. I try to take my mind off what just happened this morning and focus on revising for this big biology test that's coming up. I sat alone in the back of the class while everyone else talked and all everyone was gossiping about was who was having sex and parties. The bell went and i quickly got out of that class because i didn't want to hear more about who lost their virginity on a toilet seat at some frat party. I walked down the coridor to my locker and put my books in and grabbed my hair tie out and just tied my hair into a messy ponytail. It was already lunch and i haven't seen Michael since the morning. Why am i so sad about not seeing him? I should be happy that he's not bugging me or flipping my books out of my hand. I walked over to the cafeteria and there he was. Michael at one of the tables at the back with Ashton, Calum and Luke. They were all laughing and Michael was just sitting there staring at his food. I watched him as he put his food in the bin and he catched me looking. I looked away and sat on one of the tables far away from everyone else. I pulled out my phone and realised i have recieved a test from my mum:

"Grace, i know everything has
been rough lately so i want to take us girls out for dinner and have a
girls night out, after school come straight home and get ready and we'll leave around 6. Okay, love you xo:)"

When i read the text i smiled. I was looking down at my phone for 10 minutes now untill i heard the chair infront of me move. I looked up and it's Michael. As i get up i hear him say "Please don't go" i looked at his eyes and they were red you could tell he's been crying. So i sat back down slowly, "What do you want Michael?" I asked. "Look i know it's out of the blue, and i truly am sorry for all the shit i've put you through. Honestly i'm such an idiot and i hate seeing you hurt. Please accept my apology." He asked. "You hate seeing me hurt?" I asked confused. "I know i hurt you and i'm sorry i just want to change." He said giving me a smile. I didn't know what to say. I froze, why is he doing this? He looks so beautiful after he cries, i can't be catching feelings for him? I nodded slowly, "Um Michael it's okay." I said unsure. I see Luke, Ashton and Calum walking towards us. "Michael what are you doing?" I heard ashton ask while looking at me. Michael looked up at the boys, "I'm making things right." Michael said smiling at me. I didn't say anything, his smile lit my face up and i started to blush. "What?" Luke asked with confusion written all over his face. "Don't worry, i'll talk to you guys later at band practice after school okay?" Michael demanded and gave them all a look. The boys all said alright and walked off out of the cafeteria. Me and Michael sat there in silence again. "Can i ask you a question Grace?" I heard slip out of Michael's lips. "Uh sure" i replied unsure of what he was going to ask. "Why do you do that to yourself? Your scars." He asked looking at my arms with his eyes filled with worry. I put my arms under the table "Michael just drop it." I sighed. "No please Grace, i don't want you doing that." Michael begged. I sat there speechless, why is he saying this? Does he actually care about me, i then spoke "Michael why do you care if i do it or not." He looked right into my eyes, "I care okay, there i said it. It actually fucking sucks seeing you do this to yourself." I started to cry, "But you don't understand Michael and you never will." Michael came close to me and held my hand that i've been wiping my tears with. "Hey, it'll get better i promise." He turned my hand over and kissed the scars on my wrist, from top to bottom he kissed every scar. He stopped and looked up, "Michael i have to go." I said getting up, and walking away. I was so confused, is this actually happening? It was last period and all i could think about was his lips and his touch against my scars. The bell went and we were all dismissed. As i was walking to my locker i felt a slight ease in my stomach. I felt like i was going to vomit or pass out. I knew i passed out because all i could see was pitch black. I woke up in my own home on the sofa in the living room. I looked up and saw Michael pacing back and forth. "She's awake!!" Michael screamed. I then saw my mum rush in, "Omg sweetie are you alright." My mum said touching my forehead. "Yeah, what happened?" I asked all confused sitting up. "Michael said you were passed out in the middle of your school coridor and the teachers took you to sickbay to rest so he carried you all the way to his car and bought you home" my mum explained. I looked up at him and he was all red, "Really?" I asked with butterflies in my stomach, "Yeah" Michael said. I couldn't help but just look at him, "Sweetie we'll stay in for dinner and i'll order pizza. We can go out another day, i just don't want to risk it." Mum said, "um yeah sure" agreeing. "Michael! Please stay for dinner, you helped a lot and i can't thank you enough." My mum said with joy in her eyes. "No, mum he has band practice." I said, "Oh no, don't worry i told them i couldn't make it." Michael interrupted. "Great! You two stay in here while i go order some pizza alright" My mum said while walking back to the kitchen.

Hey guys, i'm still working on chapter 4 right now but hopefully you guys are actually enjoying this fanfic cause i suck at writing aha but i'll update ch 4 as soon as i finish it :) xx
-laprincia