one

It was a Tuesday morning, so Louis knew he had to work, and he knew Jordan would already be gone when he woke up. Louis sighed and got up from the messy bed, and wrapped his arms around himself form all of the insecurities he had.

Louis knew the flat well enough so he knew exactly where everything was. Louis slowly made his way to the bathroom and got out his make up bag and had gotten out the contents in it and began covering up the bruises he had. Louis felt around on his skin for the tenderness, and when he felt the pain, he knew there was a bruise there and he covered it well enough, as best to his ability.

What Louis did for his job, he worked at a little library with his friend Niall who helped him, and well, since Louis was blind, mostly what he did was organize the braille books for the other people that share the same disability.

Once the bruises were all covered, he walked back into the bedroom. He felt around in his closet for something to wear. Louis decided on simple black skinny jeans, and a red jumper with holes in it, along with his white and black Adidas. Once dressed, he did his hair in a soft fringe, and he heard his phone ring. It was only Niall telling Louis that he was ready, and downstairs.

Louis had gotten downstairs and got into his best friend's carefully, which Niall happily opened the door for Louis. "How are you doing, LouLou? I know you haven't been to work for a week.." Niall said softly, just to start a conversation.

Louis sighed, and if he could, he would be staring out the window but obviously he couldn't. "Y-Yeah, I-I know, stuff has been hard lately." Louis whispered and played with his hands nervously, hoping Niall wouldn't ask why, but knowing Niall, he would.

"I'm sorry, babes. What's bothering you?" Niall asked, biting his lip. Niall knew how Jordan had treated Louis, and it broke his heart, because no matter how much Niall begged and pleaded, Louis wouldn't allow Niall to turn Jordan into the authorities. Niall gripped the steering wheel tightly as Louis began talking.

"I- I just- It's getting worse." Louis said, sniffling a little bit. He bit down on his lip hard, and even though he was blind, did not mean that he couldn't cry. Louis felt a hot tear roll down his cheek slowly, and put his head into his hands. Niall frowned and pulled over on the side of the road.

"Hey, hey.. It's okay." Niall assured the small boy once he pulled over. Right now at the library, their co-worker Vanessa was working and Niall knew that she would understand if Niall called in for both him and Louis since she knew of Louis' problems. "I'm gonna call Vanessa, we're gonna have a day together, okay?" Niall whispered and hugged Louis tightly.

Louis nodded slowly, and he wiped his tears. He heard Niall's phone dialing and then Niall telling Vanessa what was going on. Vanessa was actually Niall's girlfriend and was very understanding when something like this happened, and Louis was very close with her, but not as close as he was with Niall since they have known each other since the second grade.

"It's settled." Niall had told Louis, and soon enough, they were on their way to the mall that was close to Doncaster. "I'm gonna take you shopping." Niall said and Louis only nodded.

A little while later, they arrived and Niall had dragged Louis inside and all the way to the shoe store since he knew Louis' shoes were wearing out quite a bit. "Shoes, Louis. You need new ones." Louis giggled a little bit and bent down to feel his shoes which had tons of holes in them.

Louis started to feel around the shoes, stopping when he felt a pair that he liked. "What color are they?" Louis asked Niall, needing to know. He only wore certain colors.

"They are blue Adidas." Niall stated and Louis nodded.

"I want those ones then." Louis said happily and handed Niall his card with his money on it. Niall shook his head, and pushed Louis' hand away, pulling out his own card, and proceeded to pay for the shoes for Louis.

As they made their way out of the shoe store, Louis accidentally ran into someone. A tall man, with curls, and green eyes although Louis did not know that. Niall sucked in a sharp breath when he saw how good looking the man in front of Louis was. Louis was staring blankly like he usually did since he couldn't see.

"Oh. uh, sorry.." Louis mumbled, and picked up the bag he dropped, but the man was already picking it up for Louis, and putting it into his hand. Louis blushed a little bit, and touched his hand when he could no longer feel the mans hand.

"No worries, love. What's your name?" The man asked, and looked at Louis, wondering why he was staring blankly at him.

"L-Louis," He stuttered, and soon moved his head to the side so he couldn't see Louis' dull blue eyes which Louis hated so much, all he wanted was to be able to see and have bright blue eyes full of hope.

"Hm, mine's Harry, nice to meet you." Harry said softly, and Niall just stood there, smiling as he watched this situation took place. Louis' cheeks heated up, and smiled widely.

"Well, thank you, Harry. For uh, picking up my bag." Louis whispered, and sighed, moving his head so he was faced to the ground.

"I'll see you around, maybe?" Harry said, but meanwhile, Niall was writing down Louis'name for his Facebook on a small piece of paper and handed it to Harry, which he happily took, which on the note said 'p.s., he's blind, why he's staring blankly.' And Harry only nodded.

Louis smiled, "Y-Yeah, maybe.." Louis said and quickly walked away from the man who was still smiling and so was Louis. "He sounded so hot." Louis groaned and rolled his head back as they went to the food court.

"Oh Louis, he was. Trust me, and I barely say that about any guy." Niall chuckled and led Louis over to the pizza place in the food court and found a seat, pulling out Louis' chair for him. They ordered a small cheese pizza for the both of them.

"Hopefully we meet again." Louis whispered, and rubbed his arm, then took a slice of pizza, blowing on it, and then took a small bite, moaning at the taste. "I love this pizza, probably the best I've had." Louis giggled and finished that piece slowly.

Eventually, Niall had brought Louis home and walked him upstairs. "We will go to work tomorrow, yeah? Vanessa misses you." Niall said and Louis nodded, and kisses Niall's cheek as he walked inside and closed the door.

It was only an hour later when Jordan had come home from work, Louis was on the couch listening to some relaxing music, David Bowie, which was his favorite thing to relax him. "I'm home, babe." Jordan said calmly. It was a better day for Jordan, which was very rare, that was until Louis' phone buzzed and Jordan grabbed it before Louis could.

"Hey, give it back." Louis pouted and crossed his arms, and huffed.

Jordan glared at Louis even though he couldn't see it. It was a friend request on Facebook. "Who the fuck is Harry?" Was the last thing he heard before he was knocked unconscious like usual.

A/n: hi guys!!!! finally, the first chapter. I know it took awhile for me to write this and im terribly sorry. I really hope you all enjoy this first chapter though. It is kind of shitty in my opinion, I never know how to start a new book. But anyways. tell me what you think about this please?? thank you. all the love xx - zoey