Chapter 1

"Okay everybody, we'll be putting you all into teams for this round. You're goal is to get the hidden bandana from the other team without them catching you. If a person on the other team tags you while you're on their side you'll..."

Nathan rolled his eyes and turned away from the coach. He was in a pissy mood today because of a fight he had with Warren the night before. It was for something he had said offhandedly, not even thinking anything of it. Warren was gushing about a new episode about some nerdy show he watches, and Nathan had mumbled a complaint under his breath. Apparently, that had been enough to set Warren off on a rant about how his shows are amazing and there is nothing "nerdy" about them.

Nathan gave a small glance in Warren's direction, only to see him having a conversation with Max. He gritted his teeth at the thought of that hipster bitch, always stealing Warren away from him at the worst time. She would be a total cockblock all the time, and it made Nathan seethe.

Max seemed to feel his hateful gaze, because she shivered and looked towards him. She gave him a what's-your-problem look, and he just flipped her off in return. Max shook her head and continued her chat with Warren.

Sometimes Nathan felt that he should just tell everyone about his relationship with the nerdy boy, if it meant he could have him alone more, but decided against it for the sake of keeping his father happy. Not that he was very happy with his son anyway. The thought of being disowned for being gay was just too much, though, since he's done much worse. So he kept his boyfriend a secret, even from Victoria.

The Prescott boy was broken away from his thoughts when he heard his name being called by the coach.

"Nathan Prescott, you'll be on the red team." Coach pointed to the right of the rich boy, and motioned for him to hurry up. Nathan started walking over there, but paused when he saw Warren on the same team. God dammit, he thought, he'll probably still be mad at me. He pushed the worrying away, and continued his trek towards the group.

The troubled teen got glares from almost everyone on his team, including Warren. He bit his tongue to keep himself from yelling at him. It just made him upset to see the other boy so mad, when he usually carried such a happy expression, full of wonder and curiosity. As for Nathan, it was often clouded with admiration and lust.

Nathan flinched when he felt a hand on his shoulder, but relaxed when he saw it was Warren's. Turning around, he saw the other wearing an annoyed expression.

"We're on defense together." The teen mumbled.

"What if I don't want to be on defense with you?"

"Take it up with the rest of the team then, Prescott." Warren flinched when he heard himself. He hadn't called Nathan that once since the two got together, and he flooded with guilt when he saw the shorter boy cringe.

"Whatthefuckever, Gayram." Another low blow.

Nathan started to walk towards the others in their group, but was stopped when he heard Warren whisper something under his breath.

"If you would just apologize, this stupid fight would be over."

The rich boy's head snapped to look at the other and he couldn't stop himself.

"You want me to apologize!? What for, bitch?"

Warren seemed surprised, but after a moment of silence - everyone had stopped to look at the two - his brow furrowed and he jabbed a finger at the shorter boy.

"For being an asshole last night for no fucking reason!"

"I had a perfectly good reason!"

"Oh, because I'm too nerdy for you? That's a shitty reason!"

"Whatthefuckever. You shouldn't have been talking about that shit in the first place! You know I don't care about it!"

"You gush about stupid stuff all the time and I never stop you, or tell you that it's dumb!"

"Why the hell not! You think I can't take it?"

Before Warren could answer, Max stepped in between the lovers' quarrel, not that anyone knew that's what it was.

"Can you two stop fighting and help with the game? We need to win this round!" Her hands were on each of their chests, keeping them separated. She stood there a moment longer, before Nathan slapped her hand away.

"Don't touch me, you hipster bitch."

"Nathan Prescott, do not call Max that! We have talked about this before!"

"Don't tell me what to do, you little shit!"

"Oh my god! Can you two shut the fuck up so we can get this over with!?" Victoria screamed from the other side of the field. Nathan seemed to snap out of it when he heard her voice.

"Fine, let's do this." The Prescott boy turned away from his boyfriend and his friend to grab a jersey from the pile. He slipped on the red shirt over his normal phys. ed clothes and stomped to place he was told to stand. Warren did the same, but stood on the other side of the tree the two were guarding.

The game started, and the two teens just stood with nothing to do. Their team was pretty good, so no one made it to the flag they were defending. Nathan noticed every time Warren glanced over towards him, his eyes full of guilt and regret. He looked like he wanted to say something, but ended up having to chase Stella away from the flag.

As Warren stepped back into his spot, he glanced at Nathan again.

"I'm sorry, Nate."

The words made relief flood through the rich teen's body, and he felt his lips twitch up into a grin.

"I accept. I don't know why I was so upset anyway."

Warren's face split with the biggest smile Nathan had ever seen. It made his cheeks ache just looking at it.

"I don't know why I was mad either. Honestly, my shows are super nerdy, and I usually take that as a compliment."

"You are such a dumbass."

"But I'm your dumbass."

Nathan's loud laughter made a few heads turn in concern, but he brushed it off.

"That was the lamest thing I have heard!"

Warren shrugged, and turned away from Nathan to make sure no one was looking, before turning back and gripping his boyfriend's chin. The rich boy looked up into the eyes of the taller in their duo. Warren glanced around once more, just to be safe, and then leaned in to give the other a peck on the lips.

Nathan jumped back, a blush spreading over his cheeks. He scowled at the other, but Warren knew it was fake.

"I hate you so much, Graham Cracker."

"I love you, too, Prescock!"