Chapter 8 of Counting Raindrops

When I woke up in the morning I had a certain numbness that couldn't be cured. It was a dull pain deep within my chest that I didn't know how to stop, it made it to where every throb of my heart hurt. It was a pain that seeped into my head and all over my body that felt like a tiny needle was stabbing deep into my muscle wherever it pleased.

I hated this pain.

It followed me everywhere I went, to the bathroom, down the stairs, into the kitchen. Everywhere. This pain was something that I would not share with anyone else, not even Vance himself will hear this pain from me.

My nerves ached, my whole being ached.

I didn't want to get back out of bed until my dull aching pain was gone, whenever that would be. I wish there was something I could do to rid of this sadness, the loneliness I feel when I recall my dream from last night.

Only if someone could comfort me through this.

Seconds later there was an obnoxious sound banging on the front door that did not help with the pain in my skull. I wanted to scream at them and tell them to shut up, for them to leave me alone and beat on someone else's door instead of mine. After so long they still didn't get the message so I saw the only solution was to see what they wanted . . . Then I may just slam the door in their face for bothering me in my time of sadness.

So I heaved myself up and off my bed onto my feet. Feeling the floor on my bare feet felt like sharp rocks cutting through them, I didn't know why my feet ached so badly, I mean, my dreams didn't haunt my feet. I swung the door open and walked through to make my way over to the stairs, the pounding on the door didn't lessen any and I started to think that maybe they'd actually beat the door down if they kept it up any longer. I groaned loudly towards the door and hollered so they wouldn't bust the door open, "alright! I'm coming!" I huffed and stomped over to the door and yanked it open irritably, "wha-?" I sighed and ran a hand through my hair, "what do you want? It is the weekend." I stared up at Jayce as he crossed his arms over his broad chest.

He flipped his head to get his black hair out of his eyes and then he spoke, "I would like to finish this dang project as quick as possible if you don't mind," his voice wasn't the nicest either, equally matching my tone that I used with him. I guess he wasn't too happy to see me either.

"Fine." I grumbled through my teeth before stepping aside to let him in. He walked passed me and plopped down beside the back of my couch where we always go to do our project.

Jayce looked up at me with disgust running through his eyes as he grimaced, "um, mind changing? I don't really want to have to look at you . . ." he trailed off as he looked over my outfit. I looked down at myself and let out an oh! As I realized that I was still in my pajamas. A pair of short shorts and a tank top, I scowled at him and snapped,

"Then don't look."

He squinted like he always did when I snapped and challenged him to argue back. It was always the same, Jayce always had to have the last word and always had to show that he was dominant and the strongest there was. There wasn't a higher power for Jayce because he was the higher power. "Just do it," his growling voice shocked me to stand up and go to the stairs.