~Chapter 7~

A/N - it's technically Tuesday, even if I'm posting this before the sun rises. The reason I'm posting this so early is because I'm going on holidays today actually, so I won't have wifi later or anything. Which also leads to more problems..

I'm on holiday for 3 weeks. Now I'm not gonna let you guys miss out just because I'm off at the beach or something on a tuesday hahaha. I've got plenty of hours in a car to write like 5 billion chapters so I'll do that for you guys, and then I'll just update whenever I have wifi (although probably not necessarily on a tuesday..) so hopefully you don't hate me :L

Thanks for the votes, reads, comments, everything

I enjoyed writing this chapter, I quite like it! Enjoy! X

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

The streetlights were starting to light up the darkening streets as the sun set, Luke and I walking slowly along the footpath, our steps in time. As the sun dropped , the temperature did too, and I found myself shivering, the hair standing up on my arms and neck. Luke must've noticed, because he stopped walking suddenly, pulled off his jumper and held it out for me. All he wore beneath was a thin white singlet, showing off his muscles.

"But you'll freeze!" I frowned.

"Nah, I'll be fine, take it. You're gonna turn into ice in a minute if you don't!"

He persisted, pushing the jumper into my hands.

I reluctantly pulled it over my head and shoulders, instantly feeling its warmth from his body heat. It was fairly large on me, coming down past my waist and over my hands in the arms.

"How's it look?"

I joked, spinning around like a model.

"Beautiful."

I noticed his eyes hadn't left mine.

"Luke, you should probably look at my outfit before you respond.."

"Mm."

His eyes darted toward the ground, before he looked back at me, a strange expression crossing his face. It wasn't unfamiliar, I'd seen him pull the same face at me multiple times during the day.

"What is it Luke? You keep looking at me like that.. Is there something on my face or?"

I looked at my feet embarrassedly, my hair falling over my shoulders.

I felt him move toward me.

"Nothing, it's just.." I slowly brought my gaze up from the ground.

"I don't think I've ever felt like this about someone before." He pushed my fringe from my face, holding my head as he stared into my eyes. Oh those eyes..

"...Felt like what Luke?"

"Like I don't want you to be anyone else's... Like I want you to be mine... Like...like I want to kiss you.."

And kiss me he did. Well, he tried. He leaned in for it, until our foreheads touched, and I could feel his warm breath against my lips. I wanted to close the distance between us so badly, but I pulled away at the last moment. A sad look spread across his face as he slowly released my face from his grip.

"Sorry, sorry. Oh Luke. I'm sorry. We only just met though, I mean, I don't want to rush things but.. I don't know... I'm sorry."

I opened my arms, gesturing for him to hug me instead. He pulled me into his arms, hugging my tightly.

"It's okay, I understand." He whispered into my ear, squeezing me a little tighter.

I smiled at him, and he smiled back.

"Come on, we'd better get to your house or the others'll think we were kidnapped or something!"

He laughed, putting an arm around my shoulders as we started walking again.

It got darker and darker, naturally, until finally the sun disappeared over the horizon and the stars twinkled brightly above us.

We walked slowly in silence, but not an awkward silence. A nice kind.

We were about two streets from my house when Luke spoke, breaking the silence.

"Are you sure it's okay for us to just turn up at your house and stuff?"

He seemed nervous. It was cute.

"Yeah! Mol loves having company over. I bet she's ecstatic that its a famous band, I'm sure the others are already there and have brought her up to date with everything."

"Haha well that's relieving. Wait why do you keep calling your mum 'Mol'?"

He asked, raising his eyebrows. The little crinkles in his forehead appeared again. Those adorable crinkles...

We rounded the corner into my street. Not far to go now!

"..Oh she's not my mum.. She's our housekeeper actually. She looks after my older brother and I while dad's away on his business trips. But I guess she is like a mother to me..."

I knew what was coming next. It was everyone's next question. Trust me, it didn't get any easier to answer, no matter how many times I was asked, whether I expected it or not.

"Where's your mum?"

I sighed quietly, the memories all coming back. I searched for a simple answer, or an excuse to not answer. Lucky for me, we'd made it to the driveway of my house.

"Oh look we're here! Ahh I'll tell you later okay? Lets get inside, I'm starving! RACE YOU!"

I said quickly, before running off toward the front door.

It took Luke a minute to register what I'd said, but he'd caught up to me by the time I was running up the steps to the door. Tie. Not fair.

Molly greeted us at the door.

"There you two are! I was beginning to get worried, come on there's still food left, the others are in the dining room. Hi Luke, I've heard all about you!"

"Hello, nice to meet you mrs..."

"Oh mrs nothing, you make me feel old!! Just call me Molly!"

She laughed, letting us into the house.

Luke smiled and nodded, following me into the dining room.

The others had clearly had a feast. Good old Mol, she knew how to feed hungry teenage boys, having had Daniel's mates around a fair bit. These guys (and girl) were still at it, Ashton feeding Hannah bits of potato bake, making aeroplane noises as he pushed forkfuls into her mouth.

"Oh hey guys, nice of you to finally make it... Did you have a nice walk?"

Michael said, winking at Luke as we walked in.

I sat down next to Hannah, watching as Luke sat on the opposite side of the table next to Calum. Calum mouthed 'What happened?' Nudging Luke, but Luke just looked nervous and to be honest, hungry, so he just shrugged and mouthed 'Tell you later' back.

I turned my attention away from Luke and to the food in front of me, grabbing what was left.

I'd only known the boys one day, Hannah only two, yet there was something between us that made it feel like there was close friendship forming, and I hoped it would last. I'd never quite had friends like this. I just felt so comfortable around them. Like I fit in. I'm sure Hannah was mentally screaming for another girl to be around anyway, I mean one girl in a group of four teenage boys? Not as fun as two girls in a group of teenage boys!

I chuckled quietly to myself at my thoughts, looking around the table. These people were total strangers I didn't know a week ago, but good friends now. And maybe even closer friends in the future.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

A/N: Lexi rejected Luke's kiss? :O

Will she get another chance? ;D

I guess you'll have to wait and see (;