~Chapter 24~

I spent a few seconds considering going back inside for Luke, but he was going to come outside any minute now, so I walked over toward the car instead.

"Just the person I've been looking for. How are you, Alexis?" Stacie snickered.

I ignored her question and proceeded to get in the car, but she grabbed my arm.

"No, no. I'm giving you a ride home." She spat.

I tried to push her off me but she just gripped on tighter, laughing. Suddenly a black van sped around the corner and up the street toward us. It all seemed to happen in slow motion. I was wriggling, trying to get out of Stacie's grip, the black van was getting closer, and Luke walked out of the front door of Ashton's house. I screamed for him. His head popped up, and he began to sprint toward me.

But it was too late.

It's always too damn late.

The van stopped in front of us, Stacie pushed me in the back and shut the doors, jumped in the front and shut her door and then the van took off. There was a window on the back of the van, and I pounded on it, watching as Luke chased it, screaming my name.

We sped up, and Luke just couldn't keep up. He got smaller and smaller, falling to his knees in the middle of the road. And then we were too far away, not even with the streetlights shining brightly could I see him, the darkness ate him up.

I sat on the floor of the van, and pulled out my phone. It was flashing and vibrating madly, a call from Luke ready to be accepted.

"L-Luke?" I whispered.

"Where are you going I'm coming to get you, what the hell just happened? Who kidnapped you?"

He puffed into the phone. His voice sounded distraught, like he thought I was going to die or something.

"I don't know where I'm going it's the middle of the night, I can't see anything Luke! And it was Stacie. The girl? From your concerts?"

"Stacie? No way it wasn't her! I didn't even see her! I saw a guy, and you, that's all. Stacie's a lovely girl we talk quite often, she wouldn't do this Lex!"

Luke said reassuringly.

They talk quite often? Oh okay.

"It WAS Stacie, I swear Luke, why don't you believe me?!"

"I'm going to call the police, I'm pretty sure I got the number plate of the van. You should call them too, okay? I'm coming for you baby." Luke said, before hanging up.

I looked at my phone battery, and my heart stopped as I saw I only had 7% left. I thought about Dad and Molly, the note on the door. They'd want to know where I was. But the police would get me out of here.

I had a decision to make, and fast.

If I called the police, I'm pretty sure Stacie would slaughter me. Decision made.

I sent a text to dad's phone, telling him that I was staying over at Ashton's for the night. The less he knew the better.

I had 3% left, so I sent two more text messages. One to Hannah, telling her what had happened, and one to Ashton, thanking him for an awesome party.

And then my phone died.

The Van drove on for a little while longer; bumping around on what I guessed was a dirt track. There were no streetlights around so it was pretty pointless for me to look out the back window, everything was pitch black anyway.

Where could we possibly be going, and why?

Finally, the Van rolled to a stop and the engine cut off. The back doors opened and two strong men grabbed my arms and lifted me out. To begin with I struggled, trying to get out of their grip, maybe escape and run back home. But I realized I had no idea where I was, or how to get out of here, so I co-operated instead, against my will.