Chapter 52- The Interview Monday, June 14, 2015

Beginne am Anfang

"That is my bedroom and right across from it is my roommate's. However, she is out of town to visit her family for vacation, so you can just chill in there. I made sure she was fine with it." Sally said, pointing to a door on my right. "If you need anything, don't hesitate to ask."

"Thanks, Sal. You really are the best." I said, hugging my cousin before I headed into the said bedroom without another word uttered.

I closed the door behind me, put the luggage near the closet and sat on the white sheet bed. Lots of things has been in mind since I agreed to come to New York a few weeks ago with Sally. I honestly know nothing about the field that she said that I can be an intern in, so I really don't know why she thought this was a good idea. But I do know that I need a job so that I can maintain Danny and I will do anything that it takes to earn one.

I pulled my phone out as I laid on my back to text Melly a few dirty texts, before shutting my eyes, finally getting the rest that I deserve.

{_}

I sat in the chair in front of the manager of Vinny Publishing Agency, Karter Mason. The bald-headed guy in the suit looked at me in the eyes as he continued to ask me questions to see if I am qualify to work here. I answered all of them as fast as I could, making sure to give him all the details that he needs so that he can hire me.

"Well, Mr. Parker, I must say you have a great personality." He started off.

"Thank you." I said, nodding my head in gratitude.

"I am not finished." Karter said, glaring at me for not letting him finished. I just gulped and shrunk in my seat to let him continue. "As I was saying, you have a great personality, however you're just not cut out for the job. I mean you only have a high school diploma and I know you're not passionate to work in this field. I'm sorry."

I hung my head down low as I let his answer sink in. I knew this would happen, but I wasn't fully prepared for this answer. I nodded my head in understanding.

"I understand." I said, getting up. "Thanks for your time. May you have a wonderful life."

I shook his hand to show respect and left his office. The first person to show up when I did was no other than Sally, herself.

"How did the interview go?" She asked, kindly as we walked to the elevators.

"Oh, it bombed. I didn't get the job." I said, smiling politely at the lady who gave me a chocolate frosting, rainbow sprinkled donut.

"Really? That sucks. I thought you would be good enough for the job." She said, frowning.

"Apparently, I'm not." I said, pressing the 'down' button on the lift. Seeing my cousin looking sad, I said, "Don't worry about it, the job just wasn't right for me. Thank you though."

Sally sighed in defeat. "Where are you going?"

"I don't know. I'll just wander around the city, because one, I love New York and two, I look fucking great in this suit." I said, causing her to laugh. "I'll be home for dinner though."

I have a Skype call with Melly tonight anyway and I definitely don't want to miss that.

"Okay. Stay safe." She said as the elevator dinged.

I just smiled at her as I went inside and pressed the lobby button. Girl, if I can promise my soon-to-be wife that I'll be safe, I think I can promise you too that I'll be just fine.

I stepped out into the city's warm summer air, wondering where exactly should I head next.

{_}