Chapter 39- Drama At School Monday, January 23, 2015

I was walking around the empty hallway during lunch, wanting to go to my locker to get my books, when I heard a noise. A sound of a girl crying. I was debating whether to or not go to the source of the sound. Ultimately, I decided to go with my good nature and follow the source of the crying. When I got closer, I spotted a girl with long, blonde, curly hair cladded in a pink shirt and white mini skirt over white tights. Brittany? I wanted to turn around to leave and do what I need to do, but I cannot leave someone who is upset like this behind. It will haunt me forever.

So I stepped closer until I was just about a feet away from her. I don't want her to be too close to me, just in case this is a trap for something. But seeing her so vulnerable, I am starting to believe something else.

"B-Brittany?" I whispered.

The said girl, shakily looked up at me, wiping her nose for what may be snot.

"W-w-what are you d-doing here, nerd?" Brittany said with mascara running down her face.

Even while she's crying, she still holds some insults to throw at me, but I don't mind. I know I have to focus on her more than me.

"I was going to my locker, when I heard you crying. Are you okay?" I said, kneeling down in front of her.

Seeing the fluorescent light casting down on her face, I see a bruise on her porcelain cheek. My jaw tighten and my brow furrow in a glare, getting ready to beat the bastard that dared to lay his hand on a girl.

"Who did that to you?" I asked, anger filling my veins.

"N-none of your business." She said, wiping away your tears.

"Brittany, I know that we don't get along, but that doesn't mean I want you to get hurt. Especially not like this, I mean look at you! You're crying and you're bruised. Just tell me who did this to you and I will handle them myself." I told her, starting to get up.

"You're not strong enough to handle him." She told me in a low voice, fiddling her thumb in her lap.

"Who?"

"B-Blake." She stuttered.

"How long has he been abusing for?" I said, feeling a vein pop at the name. So the little bastard would go as far as to abuse the woman that he claims to love.

"S-since freshman year. I-I just hid them from the world with makeup and long sleeve." She said, making me kneel to the floor again.

I look back to most of the times I've seen Brittany in the hallway. She's always wearing a ton of makeup on and tights, even though she seems to have slender legs to show off. I didn't really care too much to know the reason why she would cover her body, even if I did, I wouldn't even think of the fact that someone might be taking their outrage on her. I didn't think Blake was this much of a coward.

"Well, not anymore. I will straighten him out myself." I said, cracking my knuckles.

I know Melly doesn't want me to fight people anymore, unless it's absolutely necessary. I believe fighting for an innocent person who is suffering a wrongdoing is a perfect definition "absolutely necessary". I would do it for anybody, all I ask for in return is their gratitude.

"No, don't do it. I don't want anyone else to get hurt." She said, sniffling.

"Don't worry about me. Just go fix yourself up." I said, lending her hand to help her up.

"You're really too kind. No wonder she loves you so much." Brittany said, giving me a sad smile before walking to the bathroom.

I stood there for a second, staring out the ground, before turning around to go to the direction I came from. On my way to my locker, I bumped into a large, broad figure. I looked up at the person, immediately glaring the guy who came into my view. Blake.