Chapter Nine♡

^Picture is from 'the notebook', Rachel McAdams and Ryan Gosling aren't in the cast for this book, but this chapter was inspired by that scene in the movie^

Jamie's POV

"I'll be right back, let me just grab my books." Says Noah, heading up the stairs to his room.

I've never been here before so I just stand near the counter, uncomfortably looking around.

It's quite a nice home. It is small, yet has a cozy feel. It is very clean, considering his dad is a drunk and Noah normally has a full schedule.

Suddenly his phone vibrates on the table.

Should I look at it? I wonder.

No, phones are private, you need to respect his privacy.

I decide to leave it, until it vibrates again.

Well what if it's an emergency?

I pick up his phone, on it is a missed call and a text from a girl named Angie, it reads;

"Hey babe, thanks for helping me out yesterday. Look, I was thinking about what you said and I think we should talk. I still love you. Call me when you can."

What??

Who was this?

Does he have a girlfriend?

I thought... I thought he liked me?

Why would he do this?

I feel a mix of emotions; betrayal, anger, sadness, and hurt.

Suddenly I hear footsteps coming down the stairs. I want to leave but I just stare at the phone.

"Alright, I've got everything we need, are you hungr--" he trails off and I look up to see him staring at me, looking confused and worried.

Let's see if he looks confused after I show him his phone...

"Who's this?" I ask, with a shaky voice, turning the screen to face him.

He looks down at it, reading the text, and his eyes start to widen. He looks like he is going to panic and looks back up at me.

"Jamie I--"

Just save it," I cut him off, "I don't need excuses, I'm gonna go, don't call me." I say harshly.

I toss him his phone and walk past him, brushing his shoulder as I do so.

He looks shocked as if he doesn't know what to do or say.

So I walk right out the door, closing it loudly.

I'm halfway down his street, letting tears flow wildly down my face when I hear a door open and close. I turn to see him run out, towards me.

I huff, walking away faster, wiping my hands on my cheeks, brushing away the tears.