Chapter Two♡

Jamie's POV

I rush out of the library doors, leaving Noah all alone.

I was surprised when he asked me to tutor him, but how could I turn it down, I've been crushing on him since last year. And why wouldn't I? He is amazing. Popular, nice, sporty, smart. And he is absolutely gorgeous. He is pretty tall, with black hair that is short but spikes up at the front, he's also got freckles and the most amazing eyes you have ever seen, just looking at him sends me to another universe.

But until today, I don't think he has ever noticed me. And why would he? I'm the shy nerd who is too smart and not cool enough.

We will never be together.

I'm just happy I get to spend time with him now. And who knows, maybe it could lead somewhere.

I felt bad about leaving, especially since we were getting to know eachother and we were actually talking, but I had to.

With my dad's cancer, I have had to help out a lot more lately, and my mom wanted me home early tonight to cook dinner.

"Hey, sorry I'm late." I say running in the door.

"It's fine sweetie, just try not to be late next time. I've got dinner started but you're going to have to finish it." My mom replies.

"Ok."

I head into the kitchen, I see she has already got the chicken in the oven, and has peeled and cut the potatoes and carrots.

I wash both vegetables, put them into separate pots, add water, and put them on the stove.

I check on the chicken and see it needs another 15 minutes.

The potatoes are boiled so I add butter and milk and start to mash them.

I take the carrots off the stove and add some butter, then let it sit with the lid on, absorbing the heat.

Once everthing is finished I put it all on plates and bring them to the table.

"Ah, this looks lovely, Jaim." Says my dad, sitting down.

"Thanks dad, how are you feeling."

"Better today."

"Good." I smile

"So, why were you late?" My younger sister asks

"Oh, uh, this kid at my school wants me to tutor him, says he's not doing too well in math, so I'll be working with him on Tuesdays and Thursdays, and in turn he said he would teach me soccer."

"Soccer?" My mom exclaims

"Yeah, I've always loved it and wanted to learn, but I'm not very good."

"Well good for you then, I think it's a great idea." My dad chimes in.

"So who's the boy?" My mom asks, a smile on her face

"Uh, Noah Adams."

"Noah Adams?" My mom asks

"Yeah..."

"He's very smart, he doesn't need a tutor. I work with his aunt, he won a math award, and is an honor student!" She says

What? Okay, that doesn't make sense.

"Then why would he ask me to tutor him?" I wonder aloud.

"He obviously likes you." My dad says, smirking.

"What? No, no way. He's popular and nice and smart and sporty, he would not go for someone like me!" I exclaim

"Well why not?"

"Seriosuly? I'm a quiet little shy book nerd who's not even pretty."

"You're gorgeous!" My mom says, "any guy would be lucky to have you,"

"You guys have to say that, you're my parents." I sigh, taking a bite of my chicken.

"We don't have to say anything, and it's a very true fact."

"Whatever, there is no way he likes me." I state, finishing up my dinner.

I stand up and wash off my plate, heading to my room.

"I wish she would see how wrong she is." I hear my dad say as I go up to stairs.

Although I don't believe them, I am intrigued by this information.

If he really is smart, why would he want me, of all people to tutor him? It doesn't make any sense, could my parents be right?

I doubt it.

But still...

I try not to think about it too much, but the thought keeps nagging at my brain, I decide to call Maggie, my best friend.

"Hey J, what's up?" She says, picking up on the first ring

"Um, there's something I wanted your opinion on."

"is this your whole 'uggs or combat boots debate?' Because seriosuly, they both look good, but uggs look better on you." She exclaims.

"No, no its not about that. It's about... Noah."

"Oh, tell me more." She says and I can practically see her smile.

I laugh and roll my eyes, "okay, so I found out that he is an honour student and has won a bunch of math awards, but today he asked me to tutor him..." I say

"He likes you." She says flatly.

"I don't know..."

"Oh please, I've seen how he stares at you in the caf."

"What?" I exclaim, "he does not stare at me in the cafeteria."

"Oh, but he does."

"Why have you never told me this?"

"Because I knew how you'd be, 'don't be ridiculous, he doesn't like me, why would he' " she says, imitating me.

"Wait, he actually looks at me?"

"No, he doesn't just look, he stares."

"Oh..." I can't even think right now. Does he actually like me?? It's unbelievable. What do I do? What do I say?

"Jaim... u still there?" Comes Maggie's voice

"Y-ya." I respond

"So, uh, I'm gonna go, and let you process that, but I'll talk to you tomorrow."

"Yea, o-okay. Bye." I stutter.

We hang up and I can't stop thinking about what she said. What if he does like me? Should I ask him about it? No... I can't do that. I need to find out somehow. I still don't think he does but if what Maggie and my parents say is true, it could be possible.

I'm just going to act normal around him and try to not be as oblivious as I apparently have been.

I wish I could just tell him how I feel and hopefully he would say the same, but life is never that simple.

************************************
If you guys are looking for more books by me, plz check out my newest, 'my bestfriends boyfriend'

Vote, comment, reccomend, and follow
~maxine♡