Why so Many Boxes?

The day continued on without any problems. The unpacking of your room became very easy as time passed and once you began unboxing the last of your stuff, you found that your room looked rather nice. Pictures that you had drawn over the past few months sat upon your wall alongside a few posters. Your bed was put together and against said wall, making a nice cuddle corner for you and Henry when you decided to read a book or scroll on your phone. A simple night stand sat next to your bed, decorated with framed pictures of friends, some candles and a lava lamp. Your phone sat in the bedside table as well, blasting whatever music and the occasional chime of Facebook.

You had found many of the people you added on the website cared enough to talk to you and get to know you. The girl named Sara and yourself got along swimmingly, and planned that when you were enrolled into the high school here, you would sit with her at lunch and bond more. It was exciting!! A new friend and you hadn't even gotten into school yet!

With a grin, you began organizing the contents of the box in front of you, putting the objects where they belonged. They were mostly movies, to which you organized and placed on a shelf in your closet. The rest of the box contained picture albums. They went in a drawer.

As you placed the albums in the drawer, your mother walked in- smiling at your room. " Hey baby, your room looks nice~! " She plopped down on your bed, covering herself with the many throw blankets on top of the sheets to which you gave a playful whine. " I just made my bed! " Your mother simply pouted, curling up even further into the blanket. " But I haven't gotten to lay down yet! " she replied.

Moments later, Henry trotted in happily and jumped up on the bed next to your mother and without even a second thought, plopped down next to her.

" You traitor. " you whispered at him, shifting to sit on your backside instead of your knees. " I trusted you! " you told harshly to the feline, to which he simply flicked his ear.

Your mother looked to you once more with a yawn, " What did you want for dinner? " her voice was tired, but she continued on. " Your dad was saying pizza, but I think I'll just have him run up to the store so I can make some soup. "

" Soup sounds good, I'd say. I don't want to touch any greasy or fatty foods for a month after all of the stuff we had getting here. "

" Agreed. I'll get him to grab some carrots and potatoes. " Your mother slowly sat up from her bundle of blankets, scooting your poor cat awake from his quick nap.

The other stretched, taking one of your blankets with her to the floor before tossing it back to the bunch on the bed. " Make sure you're keeping school supplies out, love. Easier to remember where they are. " she spoke tiredly, waving at you as she left the room.

" They're out, mom. I'm way ahead of ya'." You smiled, picking yourself off of the floor. You hadn't even realized it was 2:30 in the afternoon. Around this time the school would be letting kids out to go home. Lucky you, you thought. No school for at least a week.

Yanking your phone from the charger and turning off the music, you happily walked out of your room and into the kitchen.

You found that, in the house, most of the boxes were open and the TV set up. Your dad must have called the TV company to set it up while you were unpacking. Seemed logical. You could not see your dad tiredly climbing onto the roof to set up the cable and risk falling. He might be brave, but not that brave.

You plopped onto the couch, unlocking your phone to message Sara back on Facebook. She seemed very excited to hang out with you and was currently telling you where she lived-- not the weird creepy ' this is where I live ' kinda thing. God, you're both teenagers! The girl was only a year older than you, She's not 45!