"LOOK OUT!"

Once again, I wake up in a hospital bed. The bright lights shining in my eyes. I have a terrible headache, and I'm aching everywhere from the waist down. My vision is still a little blurry.

"Can you hear me, Miss?" I heard a man ask. Must be the doctor.

"Yeah" I whispered. I couldn't speak louder. I felt really weak.

"Can you see me?" He asked.

"Barely." I whispered. I tried blinking fast. My vision came back the more I blinked.

"Now I can see you."

"Good. I have good news and bad news,"

Oh great.

"The bad news is you broke your leg, the good news is that your one lucky girl."

What is he talking about? I'm lucky because I got ran over?

"Huh?" I questioned.

"Your a lucky girl because you could've died, but you were just in a coma for a few days. You hit your head pretty hard."

"Oh," that's all I could say. I could've died? That's something I never wanted to hear from a doctor.

"Where's my mom?" I asked, looking around the room.

"She's in the waiting room. She couldn't handle seeing you like this."

"Can you send her in here for me?" I asked politely.

"Sure." He left and I was alone in the room. All I can think about right now is how I could've died. It makes me more nervous the more I think about it.

A few minutes later, my mom and Brooke came in the room.

"Omg, Amber! I rushed over here as soon as I could, are you okay?" Brooke asked, she sounds really worried.

"Aren't you supposed to be at your job interview right now?" Brooke lost her job a month ago because she was always late. She's been trying to find a job since.

"Screw the job interview! You come first."

"Well, thanks for coming. I appreciate it a lot," I smiled. Brooke and my mom sat in the chairs next to the bed.

"Where's Austin?" I asked. Mom and Brooke looked at each other. There making me nervous.

"You guys are freaking me out, where's Austin?" I asked again, nervously.

My mom sighed.

"Amber..." My mom started out.

"Austin's in a coma." When I heard those words, I couldn't believe it. He can't be. He just can't. I broke down in tears.

"No, this can't be happening right now." I said.

"How did this happen?" I questioned.

"He got shot." Brooke responded. I quietly sobbed in my hands.

My phone vibrated on the small table near my head. It was a text from an unknown number. The text was 'It must suck having a guy you love so much get shot.' That sick bastard! Austin didn't do anything wrong. I didn't even do anything wrong. I'm too mad to cry anymore. My life is completely destroyed right now. I don't deserve none of this bullshit. Austin didn't deserve to be shot.

"Who is that?" Mom asked.

"It's that sick bastard that's stalking me. He shot Austin." I responded, trying to hold my anger back.

"Language." Mom said. Is she really worrying about my language right now? She should be worrying about me.

"LANGUAGE MY ASS! MY BOYFRIEND GOT SHOT, AND ALL YOU CAN THINK ABOUT IS MY LANGUAGE?! I'M PISSED! MY FUCKING LEG IS BROKEN, AND THE ONLY GUY THAT I LOVED WITH ALL MY HEART GOT SHOT! THIS IS NOT THE FUCKING TIME TO BE MOTHERING ME RIGHT NOW! YOU SHOULD KNOW HOW I FEEL! YOU LOST YOUR HUSBAND, ALSO KNOWN AS MY FATHER! SO DON'T TELL ME ABOUT MY FUCKING LANGUAGE RIGHT NOW! THAT'S RUDE AS FUCK!" I yelled as loud as I could. My mom sat there with tears coming down her cheeks. She wiped them away before she left the room.