Love Never Dies

Love Never Dies

Bucky paced the bedroom back in Grace's flat. He kept muttering to himself, "It's not real. not real," he clenched his metal hand watching it glisten in the small amount of moonlight peeking through the blinds. Suddenly, he's jolted by the noise of the telephone alarming the house there is someone needing attention. Grace grabs it quickly and answers, "What could you need this early!" She grits her teeth.

Coulson on the other line responds, "I need your father."

"He hasn't done anything has he?"
"No, It's more of- there's someone here to see him."

"It's late can't it wait till morning?... alright fine... but I'm not leaving bring your person here... alright, I'll prepare him... what's that mean?" Silence on the other end. "Dad? Are you up?" She knocks on his door carefully. He swings it open immediately, almost smacking Grace in the face, "Dad!"

"Oh my gosh! Grace are you alright?"

"I'm fine. Coulson and Fury are on their way. They have someone to see you I guess. And it couldn't wait until morning!"

Bucky walked to the front room where he was going to wait for this mystery person. He twiddled his thumbs. Grace popped her head in, "You aren't in trouble. It's just someone they need you to see I guess. Probably some question of whether or not you've seen the guy. I don't know." He nodded in agreement although he was still nervous. A knock echoed through the building and Grace slowly opened the door. There stood both Coulson and Fury supporting a woman about Grace's age. Her hair was straight lying in her face and her eyes were round as if she was searching for something, or someone. "Hi..."

The woman on the floor only cried out, "Bucky! Where is he?" Bucky looked up from over Grace's shoulder. The mystery woman made eye contact with him and pulled all of her energy to run to him, wrapping her arms around his neck and burying her face next to his ear. Bucky's eyes swelled with tears as he supports her weakened body.

She connected her lips with the love of her life for the first time in 70 years as she lets her salty tears dampen both of their faces. She sobbed into the kiss as Bucky held her close to him, not wanting to let go.

Grace's confusion couldn't be more evident, "Who is she?"

Fury looks her dead in the eye, "If I put things together properly, that's your mother."

"My mother's dead."

"Yeah so was your father. Look I don't know if I can explain, she hasn't said much but Bucky, James, 107th, and more commonly Grace. She was at HYDRA. "

Bucky brushed a finger over her tears, "Adeline... how?"

"I blacked out! And I- I think I died... I don't know, but someone came back and they took me back to the HYDRA building I guess."

"I was there! I was there all along and I never knew!"

"But I did! They took me past your room everyday, Bucky... I missed you so much!" she sobbed into his chest as he pulled her closer to his body.

"I'm here, I'm not letting go this time... I won't!"

"Bucky where's Grace? Is she asleep, she needs it, she must have school tomorrow! Bucky where's Grace?"

"Mom?" Was all Grace was able to mutter.

"I'm sorry? Who are you- Grace? No you're much too old, Grace is only a child, you're- Oh my gosh... Grace. You're my little Grace! You're here!" She burst into tears as she tried to stand to reach her. Instead Grace met her in the center and embraced her in a hug she had never known, the hug of a mother. Grace began to sob, "There's no way it's you."

Adeline fell back into Bucky's embrace as Grace let her go. He kissed her cheek and she hides her face in her hair, "I couldn't recognize you... I didn't know who my own daughter was!" she shouted this now. Fury and Coulson seemed ready, ready for something, but Grace didn't know what, "My baby is grown up! My little princess... gone..."