Chapter 7: The Plan and A Pack

Start from the beginning

"Yes, I'm Devon," he confirmed for him. "Was Stephanie talking about me again?" I asked amused. Stephanie never stopped talking but right now I was happy about that.

He nodded a yes and we just looked at each other in the eyes for a moment. My wolf was howling for joy. Looking each other in the eyes was another form of acceptance but this one was bigger. It means that he sees us as equals and he approves of me. He probably doesn't know that but it still means a lot to Asher and I.

Though after a moment he seemed to realize that he was looking me in the eye and quickly averted his gaze and took a small step away form me. Asher whimpered slightly and I had to hold myself back form doing the same. I needed to do something; we were doing so well!

"I brought you some food," I said quickly. Quinn looked up but was careful not to meet my eyes, which I was sad about. I pointed to the tray of food and his head perked up as he observed it and his stomach growled, but he didn't make a move for it.

"Quinn?" I called quietly not wanting to scare him. "You can go eat if you want to."

Immediately after I was done talking he made my way over to the food and before he even sat down he was spooning food into his mouth. I watched him for a moment before I slowly approached him and grabbed a chair. I quietly placed the chair close to Quinn and I could tell he noticed but he ignored me. I sat down and waited for him to finish.

I was so close to him and he allowed it. I was so happy and I just watched him eat. He put down his fork and started dirking his orange juice like there was no tomorrow. I let out a small chuckle and Quinn's gaze focused on me.

Quinn set his cup down and looked down to his lap. I quickly stopped laughing fearing that he though I was laughing at him, but I wasn't. I was happy that he was happy. He let me get this close to him already and I didn't want to ruin it by forcing him to look at me but I needed to touch him and have his eyes on me.

Ever so slowly I reached out for him and when he didn't flinch I continued. Gently I took his face in my hands and turned his face towards me. There were sparks tingling my palms but I focused on Quinn. He allowed it but kept his eyes everywhere except for me.

"Please look at me," I pleaded. I needed to have that confirmation again that he accepted me. His eyes slowly rose until they were locked on mine and when they did I gave him a soft smile that was full of love. "There you are," I said softly not wanting to ruin the moment. I used my thumbs to rub small circles on his soft jaw as I looked at him fondly.

Amazingly he leaned into my hands after a moment and kept looking at me. There was still a slight fear in his eyes but I think it was more fear of not knowing what were going to happen then fear of me. When he leaned into my hands the sparks intensified and I nearly growled at how good it felt.

After a second I pulled my hands away and Quinn almost seemed disappointed but I refrained form reaching out to him again. I didn't want to push him too far.

Step 1 seems pretty solid so I am going to move on to step 2: get to know him.

I leaned back into my chair and looked to Quinn, "So what to you remember Quinn?" I asked. "Do you remember how you got here?"

"Yes," he said in his still quiet voice, like he was afraid of being overheard. He seemed to hesitate for a moment before he answered. "I was injured by a wolf and passed out. How did you come across me if I may ask?" he tilted his head to the side slightly when he asked and it took everything in me to not kiss him here and now.

"I was in the forest when I came across you. Are you afraid of wolfs now?" I asked him fearing the answer. It he was then I don't know how I am going to tell him that I am a wolf.