Chapter 9: The Jig Is Up

Devon POV

My pack had accepted Quinn! I knew that they would but I didn't know it would be this soon! They were all raving about him and yipping and jumping after I had made it official. You see, to be accepted into a pack all of the pack members need to accept the person who wants to join. After they are accepted then the new person needs to run with the pack to establish that they could keep up and be a strong part of our pack. One that was over the whole pack needs to sent the new person and last, the Alpha establishes the pack link and it is official!

If we wanted to we could talk to Quinn through the pack link now but that would freak him out too much so we refrained from doing so.

Quinn looked over to Stephanie confused, "What just happened?" he asked her and he pushed Eli away from him as he tried to lick Quinn' s face.

"You have been accepted into the pack!" Stephanie yelled as she threw herself into my mate's arms

Quinn hissed in pain when she wrapped her arms around him and Stephanie released him immediately. I was by his side in a flash to check him over. She must have pressed on his still healing cuts that Liam had given him

"I'm fine," he assured me with a soft smile. Quinn shivered in the cold and I looked up at the sky. It was dark and a slight breeze picked up. I huffed in annoyance. Oregon was beautiful but the weather seemed to change every five minutes.

I nudged my mate towards the pack house so he would get out of the cold. He was still hurt so it would be bad if he got sick. Quinn opened the door and the pack rushed in to get out of the cold and I was swept along with them. We entered the living room and the pack spread out over the couched and on the soft rugs we had laid out for just this purpose.

My mate came in with Stephanie and he looked around the room with wonderment. The living room wasn't that impressive. The only this that might be impressive was the 180-degree view into the forest, but it was dark right now so I'm sure he couldn't see much. As I watched him I saw his eyelids droop and he seemed to be falling asleep.

I gently grabbed the sleeve of the shirt that he was wearing and tugged him to the stairs that led to the bedrooms. As we ascended the stars I saw him look over the pack fondly and give a soft smile.

"Goodnight honey," Stephanie called out softly to Quinn.

"Goodnight everybody," he called back in a tired voice and got a chorus goodnights back that just sounded like a lot of yips to him.

I led Quinn passed a few doors and down a hall and stopped in front of my room. It was closed so I looked up to Quinn then looked back to the door. Quinn opened the door for me and I sipped inside closely followed by my mate. Once he was in the room I closed the door with my nose and looked to Quinn as he made his way over to the bed. He crawled under the sheets and I quickly followed him.
The bed had plenty of room for the both of us as I curled around him to keep him warm. He snuggled into my side burying his face into my fur. Once I thought he was asleep I shifted back into a human and pulled him closer to me. I would have to shift back to a wolf before he woke to keep him from freaking out but for now I was relishing the fact that he was in my arms.

I fell asleep quickly and was out and in the best sleep that I have had for a while.

I shot awake when a blood-curdling scream filled my ears. I was in wolf form and I quickly reached out to Quinn to pull him behind me and to my horror he wasn't there. I shot out of my bed and raced down the hall to see Elis frantically running at me.

"Devon. It's Quinn, he is in the game room. We thought he wouldn't be up this early but he came down and freaked out! He is asking for you in some weird language and he is about to have a panic attack!"