Prologue

This is an Prologue to a Vampire/Mortal Student/Teacher book.

***********************************************

"Ha! you think I love you?! You're wrong! WRONG!" I lie.

I love her more then anyone or anything in this world. But how can I love her when I'm not even suppose to be capable of such a thing. There has only ever been one other Vampire able to love. All we care about is the thrill of the catch.

"You don't mean that! I know you love me! You told me so yourself" She says as she goes teary eyed.

I laugh humourlessly as I shake my head at her.

"I'm not capable of love" I say in disgust.

"Why not?" She asks in a whisper.

All I wanted to do was wipe away those tears falling from her eyes.

"Because" I say softly.

"Because why?" She asks in a sob.

"Because!" I yell angrily.

"For christ sake Jacob why!?" She says angrily.

Good, it will be easier if she's angry at me.

"Because I don't have a soul! I'm a vampire!" I yell.

She looks at me wide eyed and shakes her head.

"You're bullshitting me" She says in disbelief.

I grab hold of her arm and pin her against the wall.

"Trust me sweetheart, I am not bullshitting you" I growl.

"Then show me" She says.

I can smell the fear on her but she's trying so hard to stay strong and brave. That just makes me want her even more.

"Fine" I growl as I let my fangs appear and my muscles to grow.

She whimpers slightly. I could hear her heartbeat going rapid. Soon she calms down though. I give a confused look. She shouldn't be calming down. She should be afraid of me. She slowly brings her hand up to my cheek and caresses it with her thumb. I watch her curiously with my emerald, vibrant greens watching her dark grey ones. She leans up hesitantly and kisses my lips softly. I shouldn't be doing this with her. I shouldn't.

"You love me. I know you do" She whispers.

I groan and roll my eyes.

"I don't! I am incapable of it. I'm a vampire. Only one vampire has ever been in love and that didn't go down well" I groan in annoyance.

Man, she is so persistent. Why haven't I killed her already?

"I know you love me" She whispers with determination. I sigh.

"Why do you keep saying that?" I ask in annoyance.

"Because I know it's true. And it's okay Jacob, it really is. I love you too" She says sincerely.

If my heart were beating, I know her words would have made it beat twice as hard. I can't love her, but I know I do. I wont let her know though. I wont make the same mistake my brother did. My father says he loved our mother but she never loved him back. I've never loved or liked anyone at all. People are only food to me.

"No, look Delilah I shouldn't even be here with you. Not just because I'm dangerous and I don't have feelings but because I'm your professor. I should be teaching you your majors, not letting you confess your love to me" I say.

She gets teary eyed again. Oh god if I were alive she'd definitely be the death of me. I watch as she looks down at our feet and silently shakes. I want to comfort her but I know I shouldn't.

"I know you're my teacher but that means nothing to me" She whispers softly.

Still not looking up at me. I sigh and soften my eyes. I take hold of her chin to make her meet my eyes.

"Please...Please don't cry" I beg as I wipe away her tears with my thumb.

"Why shouldn't I? I find the man I love, but he doesn't love me back, my father is in a mental institution and my mother is dying of cancer. Not to mention I have a little brother with down syndrome who I have to take care of and I have a stalker who has been close to raping me three times this week" She sobs.

I felt my body tense. Why didn't she tell me? I would have watched over her as she went home. I would have helped her with her brother and her mother.

"Sweetheart why didn't you tell me?" I ask in a soft gently whisper.

I watch as her lip quivers and she tries to keep her tears in.

"I don't know, no one knows what goes on in my life...because no one cares" She lowered to a whisper by the end.

"Baby I care. I know we've been arguing for about twenty minutes, about me saying I don't love you but I do. I love you and I know it shouldn't even be possible. My father was in love with my mother and my brother was in love with his wife. I just don't want to hurt you sweetie. Vampire's in love is something that shouldn't happen. It never works out" I reason.

She looks up at me with a glimmer of hope in her eyes.

"Do...Do you really...Love me?" She asks.

I roll my eyes and chuckle a little.

"Out of all that I said, that's all you say?" I ask with a smirk.

She blushes and looks down a little. I softly push back a piece of fallen hair behind her ear. Leaning in I softly take her lips with mine. This is bad, this is so so bad on so many levels it isn't even funny. I mean, she is my student, only nine-teen. I, on the other hand am a teacher and in the mortal world I am twenty-three but really I am one-hundred and nine-teen.

Slowly she wraps her arms around my neck. I move closer to her, pinning her closer to the wall. My mind racing off as she moans softly. I pull away so she can breath. Slowly kissing down her jaw to her neck. I can feel her pulse under my lips. So tempting. I know I can't hurt her. I'd never want to. I pull away.

"See, this is why I didn't want to tell you that I love you. Because you're the biggest temptation there could ever be for me, I'll end up seeing you grow old and die in front of my own eyes, I'll have to watch my strength around you and you'll most definitely want me to stop feeding off people" I sigh.

"I wont try to change the way you are Jacob. I know it'll be hard to contain yourself around me. Once I finish my university degree you can turn me so you wont have to worry about temptation or me growing old and dying" She says.

I sigh and look away. I can't curse her with what I have. There is a chance that once I change her she wont love me anymore and will be like the rest of these soulless prick Vampires.

"What if I change you and you lose your feelings for me. My mother didn't love my father, my brother's wife doesn't actually love him, they're vampires. I shouldn't love you, you're human, my student and I shouldn't even be able to have these feelings for you" I say as I stroke her cheek.

"Stop saying you should love me because that wont change the fact that you do. Jacob, I need you in my life. I know the risk of me losing my emotions, you made that very clear but love is about taking risks" She says as she moves her head closer to mine.

Slowly and slightly hesitantly she brings her lips to mine.