"Ok daddy." She said, stretching out her arms to him.

He took her from me as the doorbell went.

I grabbed my coffee mug, before heading down the foyer towards it.

"Mikaela. Good morning," my dad greeted me once I'd opened up the door.

"Morning," I said wondering why he was here so early.

"I know it's kind of early but I just wanted to see Brie before heading off to work, if that's alright." He asked searching my face for an answer

"August just put her back to bed. She had a long day yesterday" I told him the truth

"It's okay. I won't wake her. I just wanted to see her...you know since she's returned I haven't gotten a chance to as yet. And I just really miss seeing her face after such a long time,"

I sighed to myself. I was somewhat skeptical about my father but there was no evidence suggesting he had anything to do with her kidnapping. Yet I just wanted the actual kidnapper found before letting him back into her life for sure.

"Dad, listen-"

"Felix," August cut me off as he stepped beside me in the doorway. The tension was now undeniable as the three of us stood there.

"August. I know things have been strained between us all but I just wanted to see her- that's all,"

"I heard..." August began.

"We just don't wanna risk waking her up, since she seen a whole lot a family and friends yesterday evening. And I'm sure you'd much prefer spendin' time wit ha when she's wake..." August went on.
I looked at him, wondering where he was goin with this.

"We still tryna get some answers from ha, so Imma tell you what. As soon as she asks fa ya, we gon call you and you can come on over and see her then, but til she does you just gon have ta wait" he finally concluded.

My dad seemed a little disappointed but there wasn't anything he could do but agree with August's terms.

"Okay. You two have a good day," he said as he turned away and began leaving.

"Thank you." I said once my dad was far away.

"Yeen need ta thank me ma," he spoke with regret laced in his tone of voice.

I nodded, still not looking at him before stepping away and closing the front door.

"I have some phone calls to make. If Brie needs me when she wakes up, I'll be in my office," I told him before walking away.

*******************

The day went by quickly and uneventful. I basically stayed upstairs the entire time. After Brie woke up, we spent most of the afternoon in her playroom.

I had no clue what August was up to, but I knew he was in the house somewhere but just giving me my space like I wanted.

*****************
That evening

"Hey Monty, where you at?" T asked me over the phone.

"At the house hanging with Brie, what's up?" I asked him as I sat up from the Barbie dream house we were playing with.

"I brought yall over some food my aunty made, I'm out front but can't get a hold of young to open up for me," he explained

"Alright. We'll be right down, " I told him as I told Abrianna her Uncle T was waiting on us.

"Uncka T!" She squealed once we opened up the front door.

"Heyyy god baby," he said taking her in his arms.

"I'll fix us plates," I told T as I took the bag with several Rubbermaid containers from him.

I left him and Brie behind, as I headed for the kitchen. When a light flickering in the backyard caught my attention.

I looked on again, as it flickered on then off.

I walked towards the French doors wondering what was going on. As soon as I set one foot on the deck, rose pink and white lights came on, illuminating the entire deck.

The first few words I heard, I was in a daze, since I didn't understand how this was happening.
Justin Bieber walked out singing oh so slowly my favourite song at the moment which August knew.

........
You know I try but I don't do to well with apologies
I hope I don't run out of time, could someone call a referee
Cause I just need...one more shot...at forgiveness

The pianist crooned along to his words, as Justin took my hand and lead me outside.

is it too late now to say sorry?
Cause I'm missing more than just your body
Is it too late not to say sorry?
Yeah I know, I know that I let you down
Is it too late to say im sorry now?

He sang to me before leading me straight to August, who I now noticed standing aside underneath all the iridescence lights with a bouquet of red flowers, and my favourite flower pink orchids surrounding him.

Justin's voice faded away, as August walked closer to me....looking down into my eyes.

"I wanted ta give you these four-petaled flowers just because I realise how lucky i am ta ever have you in ma life. And I know I fucked up, but I really needed ta tell ya that I'm sorry ma..." he said handing me the bouquet

I looked away before slightly shaking my head.

***********
August

I saw ha shaking ha head and I instantly knew she wasn't gon' forgive a nigga.

"Mikaela. Nothin' happened back in Miami. I swear on Mel-"

"I know." She cut me off and said

I frowned a little.

"Noelle called me earlier, explained what it was she saw. And I believe you that nothing happened with you and Miracle," she finished.

I stayed silent knowin thea was a but approachin'

"I believed you the first time you told me nothing happened but it's not even that August. You treated me like a complete stranger while Brie was gone- the time I needed you the most. You isolated me, and made me feel so..." she began crying unable ta finish ha sentence.

"Babeh...im.." I tried apologizing, hatin' ma self for how bad I'd hurt her by acting da way I did.

"You're sorry. I know," she finished my sentence.

"Some things surprises, and flowers and even those words just can't fix August," she said handing me back my flowers.

I stood thea wantin ta kick ma self for all i'd put ha through wit ma selfish ass thinking...as she walked away, tears still comin down ha face.....

*********

Soooo

I ain't really liked this chapter. I don't know my writing just wasn't flowing like it usually does.

Anywho,

Should they have let Mr Montgomery see Brie?

And Justin Bieber though lol. I actually love that song even though I'm not really a Justin Bieber fan. Was it a sweet gesture on August's part?

Should Miky have forgiven him then and there?

Or... is she right in not doing so?

Vote and comment peeps!

T.