Hunters- Chapter 2

The next time I came to, I was in a bed with Drake sharpening a dagger by the foot of my bed.

"Ah sleeping beauty is finally awake. Get up, and get dressed. The council is waiting for you, and they don't like to wait." he ordered me. Before I could get a single word in, he left. I looked down and realized that someone had changed me into a light blue nightgown- not very modest though, it only came to my mid thigh. There was a stack of clothes where Drake had been sitting. There was a dark blue shirt with black trousers, and a black cloak with a hood outlined in gold. I finished getting dressed and walked out to see Drake chatting with a girl with long, pink hair and violet eyes He didn't even acknowledge me, he just walked off. I followed like a lost puppy since I was lost.

"Where are we going?" I asked for what seemed like the thousandth time. We had been walking for hours in this maze and we still haven't gotten anywhere. It was dark, except for the light provided by torches, and damp.

"I told you to shut up!" he shouted. I snapped my mouth closed.

"We're here!" I let out a sigh in relief. No matter how much I run my feet still hurt after walking so much. I looked at Drake, he hadn't even broken a sweat.

"What exactly is here?"I asked backing anyway a little in case he snapped again.

"The council of course. Now shut up and let me do all the talking. You understand?" he asked giving me a pointed look.

"What? It's not like I was gonna talk anyways. Heck I have no idea how I'm talking to you so freely right now cuz I am half scared to death." I told him not really knowing what was coming out of my mouth. He looked at me as if I had grown another--which at this point wouldn't surprise me-- but didn't say anything. he open the big wooden doors that had a weird symbol on them. It was star inside a circle with a single dot in between the points. It was outlined in gold. It was placed in the center so that when the doors opened it would split in half. Drake opened the door and walked in. I followed, keeping my head down. I didn't noticed that he had stopped, so I bumped into him.

"I'm sorry." I whispered to him and backed up a little bit. He didn't say anything.

"My lords, I have returned from the mission which was assigned to me. I have completed successfully." his voice echoed throughout the room.

"You are correct when you say that you have completed the mission successfully, but not successfully." an old raspy voice responded. I looked up and noticed my surroundings for the first time. The person that had spoken was an old, shivered man. He had long, grey hair fixed in a braid behind his back. He had a long, vanilla tunic with a black sash. The old man had pale, green skin. I looked into his eyes and they were completely black. I looked away only to find another person staring back at me. This time it was a young man with pale blue skin and blond hair that came to his shoulders. He was wearing a dark green tunic that came to his knees. He had a red belt holding his tunic. He was barefooted. He had electric blue eyes that were outlined in black, like that of an Egyptian. I turned my head once again to look at an old woman with yellow skin. She had long, pink hair with grey strikes that came to her ankles. She was also wearing a purple tunic with a green toga, which touched the floor. Her eyes were purple with specks of pink. The person next to her seem the most normal of them all. He had a normal skin tone. He seemed to be in his early thirties, and had on a brown tunic that reached his knees. Like the last man he was also barefooted. He had black hair that was long enough to be held in a ponytail. He had the only thing that made him stand out from normal people were his eyes red. I held his gaze the longest before I turned back to look at Drake.

"Sir it's not my fa-"

"Drake it is your fault. Now you have to take responsibility of her." The old woman with pink hair said. Apparently I had spaced out, so the conversion around me had gone on without me really knowing what was going on.

"Bu-"

"No buts! I was there. You could've easily killed the demon before she even got there!" The man with blond hair said. Wait! He was there!?

"You were there?" I asked. Forgetting what Drake had said. "If you were there, then why didn't you stop those things from killing my parents? Huh? It's as much of your fault as Drake's!" I screamed at him. Remembering my parents faces when the swords transpased them.

"Close your mouth you dirty creature. Don't you know how to speak to those higher than you!" the blond exclaimed. Dirty! How dare he! I was about to open my mouth to respond to him, but Drake caught my wrist and shook his head.

"Melian. If you were there, then you would have noticed that I did in fact kill the demon. She ran away. I only followed her to make sure she wasn't followed, which she wasn't, ut there were already demons in her house. She that was not my fault. You had only given me the orders to kill one demon. You specifically said one. Meaning that the other two hadn't been there before." Drake said. So the blond's name is Melian. Hmf! Some name. "I think that her family was somehow involved with demons. At least her parents, had had some dealings with the Shadow world."

Wait, Shadowworld? My parents knew? That couldn't be possible. I was about to say this, but Drake's hold on my wrist tightened.

"You do have a point, Drake." the man with black hair replied while rubbing his chin thoughtfully.

"Very well. You will not be punished, but you will take responsibility of her until the we figure out what happened with her family because it is unusual for demons to talk to people. This does seem to be a set up." the man with grey hair said. Melian seemed to be unsatisfied with this, but he kept his mouth closed.

"Thank you my Lords Merlin and Takayo, " he said bowing first to the old man then to the black haired man. "And my Lady Stris." Drake proceed to bow to the old woman. He didn't even acknowledge Melian. Drake walked out with me in suit.