4.

"You're the Lane's daughter?" Jace asks. I stand in shock.

"You ran away..." Jack mutters.

"Weren't we at their funeral?" Henry asks.

"Yeah" Archie replies.

"Didn't they die by-" Oli starts but is cut of by the sound of a plate smashing caused by me.

"Don't ever mention them." I growl.

"Joley I'm sorry... I had not meant to cause a trouble, please forgive me." Brad says pressing a hand on my shoulder. I look at it for a minute.

"I think I'm gonna be sick" I say before rushing out. I run into the bathroom and throw up. I cough up a sticky yellow mixture and in it some blood. Quickly I flush it away and sit in the toilet seat.

"Are you okay?" Archie asks. I look at him and then back at the floor.

"I've been better." I reply. Someone shoves a glass of water in front of me and I take it thankfully. I look up to see Archie and Henry watching me. "I'm seriously okay. You can go." I tell them sipping at the water. They give each other a look before sitting on the floor. I give out a groan in annoyance.

"Clearly you aren't" Henry says. I sigh.

"You got me. Can you go please?" I ask. They again look at each other and then back at me.

"Nah... I'm okay here. You okay Hen?" Archie asks.

"Just peachy." He replies.

"If I give you money will you go?" I reason.

"I don't know about them but I would." Jace's voice comes from the door. "Mom wants you both back to eat your tea." He tells the twins. Hesitantly they both stand up and give me one last glance each before walking out the bathroom leaving me with the jerk.

"What do you want?" I hiss. He pushes himself of the wall he was leaning against and walks over.

"I want to know your secret." He replies.

"What secret?"I ask nochantly.

"The one that made you lie to your friend." He spits out the word friend and I stand up and push him against the wall.

"You don't want to know." I growl. He let's out a bitter laugh and pushes me so he now has me pinned.

"Trust me. I do. And I will find it out aswell." He says cockily. I head but him in the nose.

"You're safer this way." I tell him. He frowns,

"And is my family aswell?" He asks after a minute.

"Yes." I reply.

"Good. Because if anyone does harm them I'll blame you." He threatens and starts to walk out.

"Is that what you did to Georgia?" I ask. "Threaten her?" I keep going. He stiffens.

"How do you know about her?" He growls our faces inches apart.

"She ran away." I simply state. He looks away in shame before looking back.

"I didn't threaten her." He tells me.

"No you didn't... you did something worse." I spit. His eyes meet mine and the pain is there.

"How is she?" He asks his voice cracking. I keep my eye contact.

"Dead." I say before walking out. I walk back into the living room to see everyone finishing their meals and walk in. "If a child is unhappy with where they are staying can they be moved?" I ask no one in particular. Devlin looks shocked and hurt.

"Yes but it is complicated and long." She tells me.

"How long?" I ask.

"I don't know!" She shoots back. "Anyway why do you want to go?"

"Because I have only been here a day, been judged on. You either think of me as the weak girl with no parents and no family who ran away. Or I'm a piece of dirt that you want to scrape of you shoe." I reply.

"Joley, you will not speak to my wife like that!" Brad scolds. I let out a bitter laugh,

"And you mentioned my parents? Surely they gave you information about me before I arrived? Wait let me guess... you couldn't be bothered to read it." I say. I walk out the room and stomp up the stairs to my room. I go in and slam the door shut. I stay in there for the rest of the evening trying hard to forget the memories. I end up screaming into my pillow and start punching my mattress.

"Joley?" Someone asks. I turn to see He ry and Archie outside my door.

"What?" I spit.

"We are sorry... And we think you're a badass." Henry says. I move my face back onto the pillow and they both come in.

"We got something for you." Archie says placing something beside me.

"It's a sketch pad... it was given to mum when uh... yeah... but she couldn't look at it so we thought you would want it." Henry tells me. I sit up and notice the drawings on the outside. I take the pad and open the first page. It is a drawing of me when I was a lot younger. Instantly I slam it shut.

"Thank you." I say hugging it tight to my chest. The look to each other and give triumphant smiles and I role my eyes.

"Do you think that you could teach us how to punch?" Archie asks. I look at them both and sigh.

"Maybe... but not any time soon. And by punch do you mean a few fighting moves?" I ask. They both nod their head quickly and I give a small smile. "Okay. Thanks again for this." I say dismissing them. They start to leave when Archie stops.

"I just remembered... uh Oli said he had something to talk about with you. Do you want him to come in now or tomorrow?" He asks.

"Tomorrow." I tell them. They walk out and shut the door leaving me with mums sketch pad. I hesitant flick through the first pages and see drawings of me or outside but I slam it shut knowing I can't do this. I let out a cry of fustration and put the pad under the bed. I try to go sleep but all the memories before u left start to hit me and by the time I stop crying it is late and my stomach rumbles for food. Sighing u get up and walk downstairs to the kitchen. I open a cuboard and find some cookies in there. I take them out and sit at the table eating them. Perhaps living with six guys is going to turn out harder than I expected and Devlin and her husband Brad are going to be no help. I look at the clock and notice the time. Twelve twenty in the morning. If I was by myself on a street I would be waking up this time, but I'm not and so I take a deep breath and calm myself down. I finish the pack of cookies and head back up to my room. This time though when I lie my head down on my bed I fall asleep instantly... only to be met with nightmares.