Chapter Three

Feeling the warmth of the sun shining on me caused a smile to form on my face. It made a nice change from being cold all the time. Fluttering open my eyes, blinking a few times as the sunlight hit my eyes, I took a look at my surroundings.

I gasped; I wasn't in a place I recognised. Thinking back to the minutes before I fell unconscious, I gasped again, suddenly aware of a sharp pain on the side of my head. That was when I remembered what had happened. That man... that man that didn't make sense, he did this to me. He knocked me out and kidnapped me, bringing me to his... bedroom? Oh god.

Oh god, I'd been kidnapped. Could my life really get any worse?! Needing to get out of there before the man came back as I couldn't spot him anywhere in the room I was in, I jumped out of the bed, momentarily forgetting about the injuries I had sustained previous to being taken by a stranger.

However, there was no pain. That didn't make sense. I should be in an unbelievable amount of pain, not just from my head being smashed against a wall but the rest of my body. I couldn't understand it, it didn't make sense. How could there be no pain whatsoever? I pulled my top up, looking at my skin and grimaced. The cuts and bruises were still there but there was no pain. I didn't understand. That sort of pain doesn't just disappear overnight. I knew that for a fact.

Pulling my top back down, I looked around the bedroom that I'd been placed in. It was a room that seemed fit for somebody who was extremely rich, leading me to wonder what on earth they could possibly want with me as I had nothing to give them. The bed I had been in was a four poster bed; black lace material spreading around the sides of the bed but along with the black duvet cover, it made the room look too dark. It needed some colour. It was definitely clear that the person who had decorated the room had only 2 favourite colours, those being red and black. The walls were a blood red, black intricate patterns decorating it and I had to admit, the wallpaper was pretty. It was something I would pick out, that was for sure.

The bedroom was almost double the size of mine back home and perhaps that's why I liked it more than I should, because it was another reminder I was nowhere near home, nowhere near my dad. Directly across from the bed were the windows. The door was white, a bright contrast against the otherwise gloomy room. Since I didn't fancy risking bumping into the man, I decided to carry on looking around in the hopes that there would be some way of me escaping.

There was a wardrobe on the other side of the bed by the far wall, as well as a dresser. Walking over to the wardrobe, I opened it. I hoped that maybe there would be something I could use as a weapon as there wasn't much in the room I could use against the man when he came back. I wasn't sure how long I'd been here but I knew that he would come back in here eventually and I wanted to be armed when he did.

The wardrobe told me that the room I was in belonged to a woman, making me panic at the thought of two people in this house wishing to harm me. The clothes weren't gothic looking like the rest of the room, however, they were the type of clothes you'd see in any clothing store. Apart from the dresses, those looked as though they would be suitable for a ball of some sort but that was it. There was nothing else other than shoes.

As I remembered that I had had a suitcase with me when I was knocked unconscious, I glanced around the room for it, knowing I could at least hit the man or woman with my laptop if the opportunity arrived. I couldn't spot it anywhere though.

Closing the wardrobe doors, I rushed over to the window. Glancing down to see how high up I was, I knew that there was absolutely no way I would be able to survive a fall from the height I was at. I would surely die.

Knowing that meant my only means of escape would be to leave the bedroom, I wasn't feeling entirely confident that I could pull it off. I mean, I didn't even know where I was or how many people were actually in this place. There could be four for all I knew.