✩ prologue ✩

𝑎 𝑑𝑜𝑚𝑒𝑠𝑡𝑖𝑐𝑎𝑡𝑒𝑑 𝑔𝑖𝑟𝑙, 𝑡ℎ𝑎𝑡'𝑠 𝑎𝑙𝑙 𝑦𝑜𝑢 𝑎𝑠𝑘 𝑜𝑓 𝑚𝑒...

‧̍̊·̊‧̥°̩̥˚̩̩̥͙°̩̥‧̥·̊‧̍̊ ✧ °̩̥˚̩̩̥͙°̩̥ ·͙*̩̩͙˚̩̥̩̥*̩̩̥͙·̩̩̥͙*̩̩̥͙˚̩̥̩̥*̩̩͙‧͙ °̩̥˚̩̩̥͙°̩̥ ✧ ‧̍̊·̊‧̥°̩̥˚̩̩̥͙°̩̥‧̥·̊‧̍̊

Little by little, the world around me darkened, and I couldn't decisively tell if my battered condition was to blame, or rather the actual lighting of the place my almost limp body was being dragged to

Perhaps it had nothing to do with external conditions... maybe... maybe it was the growing, yet suppressed, fear that seemed to tighten around my throat.

In between my surges of conscience, I could faintly see my captors. The one who trailed in front of me, however, seemed to lure my attention. Something about the arrogance in their strut ticked me off. 

The soldier carried themselves with such pomposity, that, unfortunately for everyone, my fear twisted into annoyance.

"What a pretty suit, found it in a trash compartment by any chance?"

The figure briefly stopped, their back straightening as they seemingly took a deep breath before proceeding forward. 

The quick moment allowed me to partly access their attire, immediately, a snicker left my lips, I recognized my captors and they certainly weren't my enemies. 

I raised my head.

"No honestly, I am shocked by your lack of taste. You could've at least pulled a Vader and had it done in black, but silver? That color died with the Jedi and their lightsabers."

"Who is this?"

The deep, metallic voice that interrupted any potential reactions to my insult, echoed into my brain with a certain perplexing familiarity, cursing chills onto the entirety of my being. 

Regardless of my confusion, its power and raw strength immediately triggered an anarchist response within me, and my rebellious nature forced me to regain my posture.

"She was found looking for the BB-unit. Her allegiance seems to lie with the Resistance. I plan on extracting information from her."

"Change your plans." 

The silhouette in front of me visibly stiffened, body language reading anger, but still, they silently moved out of the way of who I guessed to be their leader, opening the path towards me.

My body responded to their slow, predatory approach before they even entered my field of vision, shivers ran over my skin, the last surge of adrenaline I could have, spiked.

The empty, steel hallway seemed to get colder the closer they got.

"What is your name?"

I took a deep breath, allowing my chin to fall to my chest.

The question took a toll on my ego, and my annoyance was once again clawing at my chest.

"Take a wild guess, mate."

The deafening silence was broken by heavy, steady steps in my direction, until a pair of heavy boots came into my sight, "What is your name?"

I chuckled. Leisurely, my lips tilted upwards, blood dripping from the corners as a mocking grin spread over my features, "I'll give you a clue."

Raising my head to face my interrogator, crimson coursed down my chin, "Best bounty hunter alive, ring a bell?"

The universe came to a halt. 

In one swift movement, my jaw was grasped by gloved fingers and I instinctively tried to pull away, only to find carefulness in the unyielding touch.

My eyebrows creased in bewilderment as I glared into the mask, fully aware that whatever was behind it, was holding my gaze just as fiercely.

Though I refused to lose our staredown, I could sense something moving toward my temples.

The feeling of impending doom was laid out on my shoulders like a horrifying blanket, and the fear that I thought to be gone, latched onto my very core instants before the world around me finally darkened.