Chapter 4 ~ Reunited with old friends

The day that I found out that a family were coming I was so excited! I made my bed quickly, did my chores and then pulled on my 'best clothes'. This time, I was prepared. Nobody was going to get to me. I was ready to be adopted, I was tired of living in a place where I was afraid to say anything to anyone in case they hurt me, I just hid in the shadows of everybody else.

"Maddie pay attention!" My dance teacher Abby Lee Miller yelled at me. I tried to focus, but how could I with my mum arguing with my friend's mums? I carried on dancing, but I knew that no matter how hard I tried, I would always be in Brooke's (My best friend Paige's big sister) shadow. She was Miss Abby's favourite and always had been. Sometimes, I really hated Brooke Hyland. All I was, was a shadow of her.

"MADISON YOU'RE WANTED!" Ms Blair yelled up the stairs. I ran downstairs and walked into the office behind her. "Madison? Madison Ziegler?" A familiar voice asked. I peeped out from behind Ms Blair and saw a girl with flowing blonde hair and blue - grey eyes. "Hey!" I said, smiling, "Paigey Mack I thought I'd never see you again!" She ran to me and hugged me. "We thought the same thing!" She cried. Brooke walked in, smiling widely, "We found you!" I nodded and hugged them both.

Jade and Shelby came in, followed by Sophia and Sarah. "Well well well, if it isn't Little Miss Perfect Maddie." Jade laughed. I looked down and sighed. Paige clearly saw the pained expression on my face and yelled, "Leave her alone! What did she do to you?" Shelby, who towered over her by at least 3 inches, just cackled like the witch she is. "Maddie are you going to be adopted by these people?" Sophia asked, smiling.

I'd not even thought about that. "Oh... I don't know!" I blurted out, causing Jade and Shelby to burst out laughing. I blushed and looked at Paige and Brooke. "Mum is going to be here in a minute." Brooke stated, looking at me. "We're hoping that she adopts you because we missed you a lot!" Paige cried happily.

AN ~ Are Kelly and Brooke and Paige going to adopt Maddie? Next chapter tells you ~ Rosie