Chapter 1 ~ Mackenzie's last day

I ran up to my best friend Mackenzie's room and went in. "Maddie! Thank you for coming!" She squealed happily. I looked at her and couldn't help but smile. "Maddie I have huge news! A family want to adopt me! I'm going today." She seemed so happy, I didn't want to mess that up. "Kenzie I'm so happy for you!" I said and smiled at her, even though underneath all I felt was the pain of losing my best friend.

"Maddie, where are you going?" Kendall, my best friend called. "They're taking me away to an orphanage!" I cried, as I got pulled into the police car. "Nooo!" Kendall screamed...

The memory of losing Kendall wouldn't leave me. I knew that I'd always have it. "Maddie, if you don't want me to go I won't. You mean a lot to me and you've always been here for me so I'll be here for you. Just say the word and I'll stay!" Mackenzie whispered. I knew that she really wanted to be adopted. "Kenzie I'll miss you and everything but this is what's best for you. I'm sure I'll see you again one day" I smiled.

After Mackenzie left, all I did was lie on my bed and cry and cry. "Why do all of the bad things happen to me?" I asked myself. I didn't ask for my parents to cry but they did. I didn't ask to be sent to the orphanage but I did. This is not my fault. I'm just unlucky.

AN - Awe poor Mads I feel so bad for her even though it's just a story. ~ Rosie