Prologue

My name is Maddie Ziegler. I used to be a typical 12 year old girl but now I am not, I am an orphan. I try to forget my past, but I can not, for it is mine and nobody else's. You're thinking how it happened. How my parents died. Well I'll tell you...

It was just another day at home, nothing to do and nobody to talk to. I sat on the sofa near the television just staring into space. That's how I spent most of my afternoons, just sat staring into space. My parents were at work but they'd left me some food on the stove.

About an hour after I cooked the food, I heard a knock on the door. I went to open the door and looked up to see a gigantic police officer staring down at me. "M-My p-parents are at work. C- Can you come back in a little while and see them?" I stuttered and looked down. "Madison you must come with me, your parents have died in a car crash and you are alone. Grab some of your things and we'll be on our way!" He said, not even looking at me. "Y-yes sir" I said quickly and gathered a few of my things together and put them into a suitcase.

"Come along we haven't got all day!" The policeman stated, slightly angrily. I practically ran after him and clambered into the police car. "W-what are you going to do with me?" I asked, crying hopelessly missing my parents. "You're an orphan now. You belong in the orphanage." He said and that was the last thing any of us said during that long tiring car journey.

So... Now you know what happened to them and you know what happened when I got here. Most people say that they are sorry about my life and everything, but I don't care. I don't need pity. Pity will not bring my parents back will it? I'll probably never find a family. I mean, who would want me? I'm just boring old Maddie.

AN - Guys this is the first proper fanfic I've started to write. I hope you enjoy it. ~ Rosie