Chapter 15-The Dark Knight

Start from the beginning

Sean, the brother was obviously taller than the two and was a mix of both. He had blonde hair and green eyes but I could sense the impatience he was feeling for me. Teenage male wolves were more aggressive and I wondered how Sarah and Sydney had dealt with him. However both looked a little weary and I guessed it was from the long journey just to see their sister.

Honestly, I was a little surprised that someone so short and small could make such a demand from me politely but also, not hiding the slight disgust and resentment she felt for me. And I guessed that Rhett felt the same way because his eyes kept straying to her small figure.

"Alpha, I would like to see Sydney now please." Sarah prompted again and I turned to Rhett to dismiss him with a short nod. "She isn't here." I said quietly.

Sean burst out, "What do you think we are, idiots? You took her from us!"

"SEAN!" Sarah snapped angrily before continuing harshly, "Control yourself!" To me, she bowed her head in regret, "I apologise for my brother's words. We are just deeply concerned for our sister's wellbeing."

I nodded and surprisingly, my wolf didn't flare up from Sean's outburst. I guess it was still sorely regretting our actions to mark our chosen without her consent.

"How did you come all the way here from the North American pack? Was the Alpha so willing to lose two members?" I questioned and Sarah looked away uncomfortably, "Sean and I don't matter much to the pack, so our disappearances doesn't matter. So may we please see Sydney now?"

"She isn't here. She left." I said quietly and Sarah looked disbelievingly at me. "Where did she go?"

"Back to her chosen. The beta from your pack. She just left thirty minutes ago." I said tonelessly as I took another sip from my glass of drink.Sarah and Sean exchanged horrified glances and I caught on to it. "What?" I demanded and Sarah turned to me. "Sydney can't go back. She'll be crushed if she knew what's going on in the pack."

I let out a bitter scoff, "She'll be better off back there. I always hurt her when she's with me." I didn't care much for pack politics. Especially those from the other packs. It was full of gossip on who was challenging the reigning Alpha or Beta and other crap.

Sarah seemed taken aback by my admission while Sean growled, "What do you mean by that?"

I barely gave him a glance and Sarah glared at Sean, "It doesn't matter. She's free to leave." I said emotionlessly as my gaze met both astonished and stunned gazes.

"Why did she leave?" Sean questioned and I met his angry stare on me. I had to admit, the kid has balls for trying to stare down an Alpha. "I've done something to her that I shouldn't have." I answered bitterly.

And I guessed that the siblings picked up on my sudden mood change as they now seemed more reserved than before when they had barged into my study and started demanding to see Sydney.

"You seem to care for her." Sarah spoke up cautiously and I couldn't help but smile a little at that. Sarah reminded me of Sydney but she was clearly less patient but equally stubborn.