Jack the Ripper?

"Jack the Ripper is back"

Harry flicked an eyebrow up at the headline in the newspaper.

"A man was found near Thames. His throat ripped out. Is Jack back?"

The vampire smiled in amusement, the rhyme kinda enlivening him, and slid his tongue over his pink lips. After the ball two weeks ago, he may or may not has let his anger and sadness blind him.

And he may or may not has killed a man near the Thames. Everything he knew was just red. He couldn't remember.

Dracula groaned softly and stood up, running a hand through his dark curly hair that reached to his shoulder blades. The colour of it wasn't as intense and beautiful as it usually was though. He hasn't been feeding on something for a while.

"I thought you'd be wiser, old man", Van Helsing mumbled as he wobbled inside, "Harry, times have changed."

Harry snorted.

Times have changed? Humans were still blind. They just couldn't find an explanation for the supernatural things around them.

They didn't even know that demons of the dark were lingering in the night, living among them.

"My dear friend. Jack the Ripper is back. Or have you lost the ability to make out words? Your mind is clouded with your passion. You humans lost the skill to see the obvious." The vampire tutted softly and groaned quietly.

Harry did not see her again. It was causing his lust to live to subside. But he knew that he'd eventually eat. His instincts urged him to do so.

"People are easy to influence.. They will believe the letters. " he muttered and sat down in his chair again, his body drained of passion. He felt sick. His skin did not shine anymore, his eyes were dull.

"You have to be more careful.. People are talking. The deaths of people have come here again with your arrival, Sir. Like a sickness creeping over London.."

Dracula spun around, baring his teeth as a low growl made his way out of the vampires chest, causing Van Helsing to shiver with the threat in front of him.

"Don't give me instructions, I will behave as I please. No one is ever going to tell me what to do", he snarled, eyes turning a darker shade of black.

Van Helsing sighed but swallowed.

"Listen. I don't want you burning on a stake, having a devil's wall buried in your undead heart."

The chubby man pushed his messy white hair out of his pale face. His cheeks were rosy. Eyes big behind his thick glasses.

Dracula fell silent, staring at the professor for a longer while. He was lost without Mina. He wasn't himself.

"I need to walk among the people.. In daylight", he shook his head and turned his gaze back to a small gap between the curtains, "I can't oppress my nature, Professor."

He drew the curtains shut again.

"People believe in Superstition nowadays, they believe in Vampires. In witchcraft leading to the injury or death of human beings and in dark powers. The book "Daemonologie" has come back up to the surface. Witches, evil spirits, vampires. " Van Helsing sat down, feeling the couch next to him dip with Dracula's weight.

"So, the faster I need to walk in daylight." He mumbled, sliding his sleeve up to reveal his lower arm.

"You should feed before we proceed with further experiments..", the professor mumbled, yet he clinked his fingernail against a needle, clearing the liquid inside it up.