After he died down from his moment, I turned towards him.

"Hey, Harry?" I smiled.

"Oh no, what now?" He cautiously asked.

"Carry me?" I beamed at him.

He didn't say anything, but he bent down anyway and nodding for me to climb on his back. I happily hopped his back, wrapping my legs around his waist, and my head resting on his shoulder. I played with his curls, lightly tugging and running my nails softly on his scalp.

"The things I do for you." He breathlessly laughed.

"What else would you do for her?" An unfamiliar voice sickly asked.

Harry and I snapped our heads to the voice behind us. Harry instantly dropped me to the ground, as he stood up straighter, boldly standing in front of me. The man sensed his quick actions and snickered.

"There's no need to hide her now, her face was clear on the TV."

"You stay the fuck away from her. She has nothing to do with any of this." Harry spoke harshly.

"Ah, you see..She has everything to do with this." He laughed. "You don't listen, my boy. And how do we get you to do as told? We threaten. We threaten you with the only thing that holds meaning to you. Her." He wicked smiled.

I stood further behind Harry, attempting to hide myself from this man. I fisted Harry's shirt, silently trying to get Harry to make this unknown man leave.

"Back up, now." Harry gritted through his teeth.

It was then when I peered around Harry's body, I saw him coming close to us, too close. He beady eyes pinning me on the spot.

"Let me see her, or I know someone who would much rather be seeing her, without you." He hissed.

Harry slowly pulled me to his chest, but I resisted.

"Rae, please. Y-You have to." He lowly pleaded. He bent down to my height, he eyes lined to mine. "He won't hurt you, I won't let him. I won't let anyone hurt you. I promised, Rae."

And I believed him. There was no doubt in me. He will protect me. But at this moment, and this man speaking venom, all that condemned my body was fear. I hadn't noticed a silent tear fall from my eye. Harry instantly wiped away, his eyes holding sadness, and how sorry he was.

"I'll keep you safe," He whispered.

"Tick tock," The man spoke aloud.

"Always."

Harry turned me around, and held me closer to him. His arms wrapped around my upper chest, holding me tight.

"So this is the Rae Clarke, expected a sluttier girl, Harry. But I guess you always liked a challenged."

"We're not together," Harry admitted.

I hoped after Harry said that, it would all be over. But I couldn't be more wrong.

"Ah, so you're a feisty one? Usually he already has them shagged, and forgotten. Tell me sweetheart, has he gotten in those pretty little pants of yours? Fucked your brains out, and said you meant something? But you just can't seem to stay away from this bad boy, can you?" He sinisterly asked.

"That's enough!" Harry shouted.

I was yanked away from the man standing close to me, and pulled down the sidewalk. Harry didn't look back at the man who he left laughing hysterically. I stayed silent during the walk back. Harry opened the door to his flat and pulled me inside, locking the door behind him. He rested his back against the door, breathing heavily, and running his fingers through his hair relentlessly.

"You just want to get in my pants?" I choked back tears.

"What? No, no...You believe that bastard?" He angrily asked.

"I don't know what to believe. Is what he said true? You sleep with women like it's nothing? No respect for them, just meaningless sex because you enjoyed it?" I challenged.

"I have respect, it meant nothing because I didn't care for them. They weren't the ones waking up alone every morning." He gritted.

"If it never meant anything and you like a 'challenge', how many girls' virginities have you taken, Harry? What are you, sick? You were planning that the whole time for me?" I shouted.

"No I'm not sick Rae, I just like- Wait, you're a virgin?" He questioned.

"That's not any of your fucking business, but I am. You are sick. How do you not care?"

I took heavy breathes, looking and the boy before me. I knew he slept around with women, but I didn't expect to to be this bad.

"What do you want me to say, Rae? That I'm a monster? Because I know I am. Everyone tells me. I try to change. Dammit, I try so hard. You don't know anything about why the way I am." He huffed.

"Then how about you start opening up, and telling me. You can't expect for me to understand if I don't why the way you are. You're this mysterious boy, who puts up a bad boy facade, and all it does is push people away. You've been to jail, you've done awful things, but here I am, with no answers as to why, Harry."

"You want answers? I'll give you them. Why do I sleep around with so many women? Because one day I hoped that one would stay, just one. I hoped for love that I never gotten. Why am I this frightening person? Because if I bring someone into my life, they won't escape, like you. It's better to scare away. I'm in this situation with bad people because when my dad left and took everything, I was all my mum had when Will left for schooling. She didn't make income being a housewife and she couldn't get a job. Some nights all we had was bread for dinner. And it killed me every night to see her like that. So I wanted to help, bring her money and support her. So I went to Aiden, and that's what helped us. Until greater people got involved and I was a target. Yes, I said my mum had money to spare, because after I sacrificed my life, and got her on her feet, she landed a big job. As for me, I'm in this shitty life, and always will be until I pay my debt. Which I still haven't, and never will." Harry ranted.

His confession took me by surprise. I never expected him to open up. He lost everything as a boy. He grew up before his time and took care of his mum on his own. And now he has to pay for taking care of her, for his family.

"Harry, what's your debt?" I cautiously asked.

His red eyes met mine, before he turned away. Not being able to look at me.

"Receive help, give back what you can to repay." He gulped.

"What?"

"I have to repay them, anyway they say I can. They put it off for a while, until I met you. You're my repayment."

When Harry told me I was repayment, it didn't come as a shock. I knew they wanted me to hurt Harry, but now I know why. I was only shocked that he told me about why his is the way he is. His father, and mum, his past. It made more sense now.

"Is that what you wanted to hear, Ra-"

"I believe you." I bravely spoke.

He looked relieved that I understood. He didn't say anything, he walked towards me and pulled me into a comforting hug. He kissed the top of my head, and hugged me tighter. I was thankful that he opened up to me so easily, but I knew there were still unopened doors between us. It was still undecided how those doors would be opened, but I knew that they soon would be, and I don't know if that will be a good or bad thing.

"You're the only one who understands me, even when I give you every reason not to."

-----------------

vote, comment, fan me & my other writer (ayeitskendra), or inbox me! :) 

(it would make my whole week if you commented what you thought about this chapter)