Chapter One

It was just a normal day. You got up, you went to class, you slept through class. You went home, got ready for work and then went to work full time. You were a senior in high school who worked full time because you had to pay for your own college since your family was poor. You worked as a waitress which could be good tips or a slow day. When you walked into work you were like a celebrity. The customers and work staff loved you. You made good money there and loved what you did so you stuck around. Little did you know that tonight was gonna change your life.

You got your normal Tuesday night crowed except for one table that was reserved for a party.
"Lucky you." Said Shelly with a wink. "I hear they are cute boys. Your age." You gave her a smile and a slight shake of your head. She meant well but she doesn't understand that you just don't have the time nor energy to date right now.
You were waiting on your normal table when a group of guys came in. They were all good looking. They were tall and all had beautiful smiles. Your heart melted as you recognized who they were. It was the Dolan twins Ethan and Grayson, Nate Graner, Aaron Carpenter, Jack Dail, Jake Paul and his older brother Logan Paul.
"Those are all your buttercup." Shelly said with a beam.
"Follow me." You said to the boys as you nodded your head to the left. You seated them at a big booth where they could all have conversation.
"So what can I get ya to drink?" You said with a smile.
"I'll have at all glass of you Angel face." Nate said to you with a wink. You leaned in close to his face. Frightingly close.
"This face is a little less than holy." You whisped just loud enough for the whole table to hear. You raised an eyebrow as all the boys let out an "Oohh" as you had gotten him good.
"Annabelle!" You stood up straight and jerked your head to the right where you heard your name being called. "No flirting with the customers!" Your boss Megan remarked. She smiled and shook her head at you. You clicked your tongue.
"Oh sugar sticks." You replied sarcastically with a sly smile. Turning your attention back to the boys. "Now that we know I'm off the menu what can I get you to drink?" You said with a smirk. They all ordered normal drinks, pops and such. You brought them all their drinks and asked if they wanted an appetizer or if they were ready to order dinner.
"Still not on the menu?" Nate asked with a grin.
"Only in your wildest dreams." You smiled right back.
"This lemonade is amazing." Aaron said to you with surprise.
"Well baby, this is the south, it don't get no better than homemade." You smiled sweetly at him. They ordered two appetizers to spilt. You ran back to the kitchen to put the order in. You made your way back to the hostess stand.
"Shelly, one of the boys keeps hittin on me."
"Honey, you're beautiful, how could they not?" She smiled and she brushed your curly brown hair outta your face. "You look just like your momma and you got your daddy's charm." She smiled at you softly.
"I miss my momma." You said softly. Your mom died two years ago to cancer.
"I know you do baby, me too." You looked up at her big hazel eyes. Shelly had been friends with your mom for years before she passed and she's always been like a second mom to you. Shelly was the reason you got the job here. You smiled softly at her. "Go get your tip or the last table in back and check on the boys food darlin." You nodded and walked away. The tip at the back table was 20 as always from this couple. They were good to you. You had spent some time talking to them and they learned you were paying for your own college, for that, they tipped you well. You made your way back to the kitchen to check on the food. It was ready so you brought it out to the boys.
"Ready to order?" You said with a gentle smile. They all order a lot of food and you rushed it back to the kitchen.
"You feedin pigs out there Annabelle?" Joe asked with a laugh.
"How about six hungry teenage boys." You said with a smirk. He laughed. Two waitresses had closed down the back part of the restaurant seeing as you guys were only open for another half hour. Stacy and Tiffany went home and they waved goodbye as you passed them. It was just you, Megan, Shelly and Joe left. Once Shelly's tables were gone she left too. You went and grabbed their food from the back two plates at a time and got them started on dinner at quarter to nine.
"Keep your head up Annabelle." Joe called as he walked out.
"Always do." You called after him with a smile. Megan was floating between the front, the back, and her office. You were cleaning was was left of the restaurant that needed cleaning while they ate. When it hit 9 o'clock, closing time your favorite song came on. Closing time by Semisonic, they always played it at closing time. When you first heard it you thought it was ironic, now you find it soothing. As you sweeped the floor as your normally do you mindlessly sang along as you know all the lyrics. You had forgotten the boys were still left at the table as you started to dance with the broom. You turned around to see all the boys smiling at you. You sheepishly smiled back and went back to cleaning. "Smooth move Annabelle" you said to yourself. After they finished eating it was half past 9. You split up their bills and gave them each their own.
"You're a good dancer, do you dance?" Ethan said to you. You took a deep breahte
"Not anymore. I used to. My momma used to teach me." You gave a weak smile.
"Why'd she stop?"
"She got sick," you paused "cancer." All their faces dropped to sadness.
"How is she doing now?" Asked Jack after a long moment of painful silence. You drew in a breathe.
"Well she died two years ago. The lung cancer just worked fast on her." You stopped and looked at each one of their sympathetic faces as they looked back at you. "Her daddy smoked like a chimney, it really got to her." You said as your eyes started to water.
"I'm sorry." Ethan said.
"Now I have to work full time after school everyday to pay my way through college since my college fund was used on my mommas chemo." You sighed. You were talking to much again. You cleared your throat. "I can take your checks." You said with a weak smile as they all handed over their bills and cards. You walked to the register mindlessly doing the transactions. You walked back over to the table and gave them back their cards and recites.
"Annabelle, right?" Grayson asked. You smiled and nodded.
"Yes sir."
"Well we were talking and we all want to pay you a hundred and twenty dollars to help pay for your college." Your eyes filled with tears as you shook your head.
"Oh no no, I couldn't possibly take that from you."
"Annabelle we insist." Ethan said with a smile. "You're inspiring. We all forgot what its like to work your ass off something you want." You put your hands over your eyes as you began to cry. This was not your regular day and it sure changed your life.