Chapter 6: Don't Tell Me, Tell Him

I awoke in the morning with a text glowing on my phone. I unlocked my phone an read the text I had gotten from Riley.

Riley McDonough: Meet me at Starbucks for 11? I need to talk to you. Please?

I didn't reply. I just let out a sigh and walked into the bathroom. As I was opening the shower curtain to step in I received another text.

Caner McDonut: Morning!

I decided to answer.

Me: Riley wants me to meet him at Starbucks....

Caner McDonut: Why? I don't want you to go.

Me: I feel like I should.

Caner McDonut: Then I'm coming with you. I'm not letting you alone with him after what he pulled last night.

Me: I'll be fine. I promise.

Caner McDonut: k. Call me when you're leaving Starbucks.

With that I stepped into the shower and then got ready to meet Riley.

When I walked into Starbucks I noticed Riley right away. He looked so lonely just sitting there with his head down. He had an iced coffee in between his hands and another was across the table waiting for me. I walked over and scooted into the booth.

"Hi." I said quietly.

"I'm sorry." He said right away. "Whatever I did last night. I'm sorry. I really am. I just want Connor to know how I felt."

"Connor feels terrible everyday for what he did. He's trying to forget it." I replied taking a sip of my coffee.

"Really?"

"Mhmm. I swear."

"Can we forget about what I did last night? Can we forget about us ever being together? I just want to be happy with Macy right now." He asked.

I nodded my head with a smile, "thanks for the coffee."

"Anytime." He chimed. "Did you walk or drive here?"

"Walk."

"Me too. Come on. Ill walk you home." He said standing up and offering me his hand.

"No, I'll just walk with you. I'm going to your house." I took his hand and we started walking. "Oh!" I stated once I remembered I was to call Connor. I selected his contact and waited for the ringing to stop with his voice.

"You on your way here?" He asked picking up the phone.

"Yep. We're walking so it'll be a little longer than usual."

"We're?" He questioned.

"Riley and me, yanno, me and your brother. The person I'm with. We discussed this."

"Oh, right. Ill see you in a few." He said and hung up.

Riley was ahead of me a little and he stopped while I caught up. He stuck his hand in his pockets and ducked his head. He watched his feet move along the sidewalk while we walked in silence.

"Was that Connor?" He finally spoke. I just nodded in reply. "He really loves you."

"How do you know?" I asked curious .

"Just the way he looks at you. No offense but I don't think I ever looked at you that way."

"None taken." I laughed, "if you know how happy he is then why do you always make him feel bad?"

"I don't know. Revenge?"

"He suffered enough." I said calmly stepping up onto the McDonough's porch.

"I know and I'm sorry."

"Don't tell me. Tell him." I said and turned the knob and walked in. Right away Connor came running down the stairs and grabbed my wrist and pulled me from Riley.

"Con-Connor wait!" I heard Riley exclaim and Connor stopped abruptly on the too step. I stood on the step below him and look between both their faces.

"What?" He questioned quietly.

"I'm sorry. For real, more sorry than before, super sorry, more sorry than I can possibly think of."

"Okay, Ri. I get it." Connor said and a smirk grew upon his face. A smirk grew on Riley's face too and they nodded to each other. Riley headed toward the living room and Connor and I headed upstairs. The environment around us felt different. Different in a good way and I like it.

A/N: hey there! Comment on if you want Ali with Riley or Connor! Maybe there'll be a plot twist! Comment! Vote! Etc! Toodles!