Chapter 5: Did You Kiss Him Back?

I sat down slowly on the edge of Connor's bed and watched him pace back and forth in his room. His face read so many emotions: anger, sadness, confusion. There were too many to name. I didn't dare say anything to him. He stopped pacing and looked at me.

"Did," he began putting his fingers to his chin in a thinking manner, "did you kiss him back?"

I looked down at my thighs and then back up at Connor slowly, "I-Connor-I-" I couldn't get any words out.

"You did." His voice becoming a bit louder.

"I stopped."

"You should've never kiss back!"

I stood up from Connors bed and grabbed my jacket off his desk chair.

"I'm sorry, okay? Aren't you the one who kept saying you can't change your feelings?" I yelled back and stomped out the door slamming it behind me. I ran for the stairs and heard footsteps behind me. I didn't look back I walked straight out the front door. It was drizzling outside and I picked up my pace. Soon enough I was running. To where? Who knows?

I finally stopped at a street light with a bench under it. I sat down and let myself breathe. Someone sat next to me also out of breath.

"Next time, can we not run?" Connor said looking at me his face shiny from his sweat.

"Why'd you follow me? Aren't you mad at me?"

"No." He said and I just looked at him.

"Then why did you-"

"I don't know. I don't know what's going on or how any of this happened. I thought everything was okay between everyone." Connor said cutting me off.

"I guess not."

"I knew he'd never forgive me." Connor said quietly.

A/N: short chapter but I wanted to update. I have no idea where this story is going so bare with me. Comment, vote, toodles!