The Other's Deception.

Start from the beginning

      "I am not the god of mischief and lies."

    What was that supposed to mean? He stepped forward and I instinctively scooted back -or at least tried to, anyways- before realizing that there was no more space between the boulder and I. "I don't understand," I murmured, giving in to his words.

    "I will not lie to you as he has to you, Mortal. You see, the first mistake you ever made was trusting Loki. Did you honestly expect the truth from a man who was grown up with a silver tongue?" He sneered and I grimaced at the sight of his bright, crimson tongue since it contrasted horribly with his cerulean skin.

     "You've been fooled, Mortal, by the god of mischief and lies."

    "I don't believe you." I whispered, defiantly. Loki wouldn't lie to me. My heart was telling me he wouldn't, but my sub conscious was laughing at me in a mocking manner. How would you even know if he was lying to you, after all, he is infamous for his lies...

     But he couldn't, he wouldn't-

    He loves Thor, yet he betrayed him with lies... What makes you any different?

  Shut up! My hands rubbed my temples as I had a mental fight with myself, trying to console the painful throbs inside my head. I glanced back up at him, hesitantly agreeing to hear him out. If all I had to do was listen and go home, then so be it. It didn't mean I had to believe.

   "How much do you know of what is going on?" He questioned in a demanding tone.

   "That you're after him, and you are the cause of everything horrible that has been happening to us."

   He chuckled. "That is right, Mortal. But do you know why?"

   The answer was clearly on my face; no

   "You see, we had given him a task that would benefit my master and Loki if completed. I warned him of what would happen to him if he failed us; my master would make him feel a new kind of suffering. And you know what Loki did? He failed us."

    "But he stood no chance against the Avengers." I defended, trying to lighten Loki's sentence.

   "You shouldn't be defending him. You haven't let me finish," he interrupted in a harsh tone. I gulped, shutting my mouth and letting him go on. "My master had a generous change of heart. He gave Loki two choices; to suffer or to help him with another task. He had given Loki a chance to redeem himself. My master was humiliated by the way the Avengers beat his army of Chituari, and he seeked out revenge on them. If Loki could trigger one of the Avengers' anger, then he'd be able to take the other down with ease. Then, he found you. You were his target all along. If he could get to you, then he could get to that green monster of yours. If he had you on his side, then it'd make things much easier when it came to manipulating that green creature. He's been using you, Eryn."

       How did he know my name? My heart felt as if it had skipped a beat. This was too much, too unreal. Loki wouldn't have had the heart to do such a thing, especially not after his attack in Manhattan. I saw the look in his eyes, heard the remorse in his voice when he would speak of it. He would not have wanted to cause such havoc again. He said he didn't want to be a monster and was changing.